Special Chapter - Mankey's Temper

(a dedication to Ruki's irl birthday)

The gang is currently minding their own business as they head to Viridian Forest, playing with their Pokemon, having lunch, and enjoying themselves. Everyone, except Ruki's newest team member, Mankey. As it sits by itself, think about the future and itself. Ruki notices this and sits next to Mankey, asking what's wrong with it. Nothing but silence from Mankey. Ruki asks Tomo what's wrong with it, and Tomo responds, "Maybe it's lonely? It was alone when I and Kishi found it". Mankey then socks Tomo right in the eye with a very pissed-off look on their face. "WHOA! MANKEY WHAT THE HECK!?", Ruki shouts upsettingly at it, "WHY'D YOU TO THAT!?". As Ruki begins to lecture Mankey, it just sits in silence.

"Ow!- How bad is the pain?", Tomo states as he gets up from the ground. Kishi and Hayami take a look at it and they both state that he's gonna need some ice for it. Mankey then looks at Kishi like it's waiting for him to say the same thing as Tomo. "Maybe it's still upset at you 2 for hurting it???", Hayami states. "Yea maybe...", Kishi states as he returns from getting ice from the PokeCenter, "But wouldn't it attack us head-on after it would come out of its Pokeball?". "It doesn't matter if it did or didn't, it still hit y'all... I'm the ONLY one who can do that!", Ruki states angrily. "Mankey... (Tarouscrap...)", Mankey states. "Translation please?", Hayami states as she looks at Kishi and Tomo. Kishi then states that he would but he doesn't wanna end up like Tomo. Tomo saying the same.

Ruki then gives those 2 the death stare and Kishi, knowing what wrath will unfold if they don't, confesses and Ruki really starts getting upset. "So... should we take cover?", Tomo asks. "Yes-", Hayami replies as Ruki starts yelling back at Mankey. And from there, it's just a back-and-forth argument with Kishi being used as a translator. During the argument, Mankey states, in tears, "MANKEY MAN KEY KEY MAN!! (WELL YOUR NOT MY PARENTS SO SHOVE OFF!!)". That made everyone quiet. KUMO, Lizzie, FIRECRACKER, and Zenirte went to comfort Mankey. But right as KUMO was patting its back, Mankey grabs it and throws it at Zenirtle. "PIDGEY!? PIDGEY PIDGE!!(HEY!? WHAT WAS THAT FOR?)", Lizzie states in disbelief. As Mankey was ready to do the same to Lizzie, Ruki returned it to its Pokeball, but it had no luck since it just came back out.

Frustrated, upset, and severely angry, Mankey ends up leaving the group and running off somewhere. "Mankey! Where are you going!?", Ruki shouts. But it was already too late, Mankey was already gone. Ruki then tells everyone they gotta go after it and everyone agrees. As they all go on a search for Mankey, they end up finding some unique items. Kishi and FIRECRACKER find a weird orange disc called "TM11-Will-O-Wisp". Ruki, KUMO, and Lizzie found another weird disc, this one is a light ink color, called "TM42-Dream-Eater". Tomo and Zenirtle found a strange old television. And Hayami found 3 Potions, and a Parcel with a scratched-out name. As they all come back together, Ruki begins to panic. "Oh... Where could Mankey be!? How long has it been since he ran off!?", they worryingly state, "Why did I yell at you Mankey...". As Ruki's Pokemon comfort them, Kishi states, "Now's not the time to sober! Let's check Route 2! Maybe Mankey is over there!". Everyone else agrees with him and they all start heading toward Route 2.

Meanwhile, Mankey is busy sitting in a tree thinking about its parents. "Mankey Key Mankey Man...(I miss you Mom and Dad...", it states. As it begins to get head back to Ruki and their friends, it ends up getting snatched up by a booby-trap out of nowhere, falling in a hole as a result. "Mankey Man- (What the-)", it states confusingly. Back on the surface, 2 figures stand on top of the edge of the hole and start laughing maniacally. "Prepare for trouble, look who's here", a female voice states. "And make it double, so lucky this trap was here", a male voice replied. "To protect the world from falling in holes", the female states. "To unite all the people who like to take a stroll", the male voice replied. "To denounce the evils of having anger problems", the female continues. "To extend our reach of being in the FIGHTING-TYPE COLUMN!", the male voice also continues. "Kiana, and Kevin~", they both state, "Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light, Surrender now and prepare for a hole-punching fight! HA!! That's right!".

"Well it looks like we got ourselves a Mankey", Kiana states, "Not the cutest but better than nothing I guess...". "Alright then!", Kevin states as is about to catch Mankey, "POKEBALL GO!!!". However, the Pokeball does not activate. Confused, Kiana and Kevin go down to see what's wrong with the Pokeball, this being one of the biggest mistakes of their lives. Once they make it to the bottom of the hole and pick up the Pokeball, Mankey then proceeds to go on a rampage and attack Team Rocket. It starts swinging them left to right and begins to punch them everywhere around their body. Kiana and Kevin even try sending out their new Pokemon, Caterpie, and Weedle, but they get beaten to a pulp as well.

"Ok this is not looking too good...", Kevin states, "Go Rattata!". "Rattata! (Greetings!)", Rattata states. Kiana then sends out her Nidoran♀ to fight, since Poison-Type Pokémon are resistant to Fighting-Type Moves. "Rattata use BITE! Aim for its leg!", Kevin shouts. "Nidoran! Use DOUBLE KICK!", Kiana shouts as well. "RATTATA! (ROGER THAT!)", Rattata screams. "NIDORAN! (ON IT!)", Nidoran states as well. As the 2 Pokemon go to attack Mankey, Rattata's BITE ends up getting a CRITICAL HIT. This then sets off Mankey, but on a major level. "MANKEY MAN KEY KEY MAAN!!! (YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT)", Mankey states as it unleashes a large number of LOW KICKs at Kiana, Keven, Rattata, and Nidoran, sending them out of the hole.

By the time the gang got to Route 2, Team Rocket had been beaten to a pulp by Mankey. "Wha- What are you guys doing here!?", Ruki pointed out. But before Team Rocket could reply, they instantly got thrown towards the sky by Mankey after it climbed it. "LOOKS LIKE WE'RE BLASTING OFF TODAYYYYY!!!", they shout. "Well... that was something...", Hayami exclaims, "At least we found Mankey! But it looks very upset-". Just like Hayami said, Mankey is extremely upset, pissed even.

Once it notices everyone, it begins going on a rampage. As it attempts to attack the gang, Ruki holds Mankey while trying to calm it down. "MANKEY PLEASE! CALM DOWN!!!", they shout. "MANKEYYYYYYYY!", Mankey yells back. "Charmander Char! (What's he saying!?)", FIRECRACKER questions. "squirtle squirt! (i don't know!)", Zenirtle replied. "Bulbasaur Bulba Bulb!? (Why can't we understand him!?)", KUMO confusingly asks. Tomo and Kishi both claim that they can't understand either. "It appears that its anger had gotten to its head! It's difficult to understand him!", Tomo explains, "RUKI! YOU GOTTA CALM IT DOWN FAST!". "IM TRYING!!!", Ruki replies, "MANKEY! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PARENTS, BUT WHATEVER DID HAPPEN TO THEM, IM SORRY... BUT YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN NOW! PLEASE!!!".

As Mankey keeps on trying to attack everyone, Ruki keeps on trying to calm it down while hugging it tightly. "You know what makes me calm down once I get angry?", Ruki exclaims, "I breathe in and out! Try it, Mankey!". "MAKEY MAAAAAN!", Mankey continues screaming, "MANKEY MAN! MAn... Mankey". As Mankey starts breathing in and out, it starts to calm down. "There we go! In and out buddy", Ruki states. As Mankey finally calms down, Ruki, KUMO, and Lizzie give the Fighting-Type a hug along with everyone else. "Mankey Man... (I'm sorry...)", Mankey states upsettingly.

As Kishi translates what Mankey said Ruki promises, "You don't have to apologize, buddy, besides, you did obliterate Team Rocket! Huh- Obliterator! THAT'S A GREAT NAME!". "Welp, I guess you're gonna call it Obliterator?", Tomo questions. "squirt squirtle! (it's not that bad!)", Zenirtle replies. "BULBA BULB! (THAT'S A GREAT NAME!)", KUMO excitedly states. "PIDGEY PIDGE! (I AGREE)", Lizzie excitedly states as well. "I like it", Hayami exclaims. "So do we!!", Kishi states. "Charm Charm! (Yes we do!)", FIRECRACKER states. "Well Mankey! It's official!", Ruki states as they hold up Mankey, "Your name is now Obliterator!". "Mankey Man! (It's perfect!)". Now that Mankey and Ruki have made up, everyone begins to rest up at the building. Now going to Viridian Forest, as the next adventure awaits!

Early line for chapter 10: Kishi states with a disgusted face, "I hate Bug-Types...".