Chapter 13 - The Museum of Fossils

Kishi, Ruki, Tomo, Hayami, and Brock had just entered Pewter City and were about to do some special training. "Well guys, welcome to Pewter City!", Brock states, "A Stone Gray City and home to the Pewter City Museum and Pewter City G-". "Wait-", Tomo excitedly interrupts, "Did you say, MUSEUM? Can we go there!?". "Y'know, I forgot you're a history nerd-", Kishi jokingly states, "But, that doesn't sound like a bad idea". "I'm with these 2, museums are cool and they have bones of dead Pokemon", Ruki mischievously grins. "I'm going if they're going", Hayami also states. "As much as I would love to take you guys there", Brock replies, "We gotta head to the Pokemon Center first- You're all dirty with scratches and bruises and your Pokemon are probably tired". "Oh- right..", Tomo states, "CAN WE GO AFTER!?". "We can go AFTER you guys have done your training with me", Brock states but with a more strict base in his voice. This made everyone go to the PokeCenter. "He's intimidating when he's upset-", Hayami whispers to Ruki. "For real...", Ruki replies.

Once they all make it to the PokeCenter, Pewter Joy starts welcoming them. "Welcome back Brock!", she states, "What brings you here? And who are these cuties?". "Hey P.J", Brock replies, "I found them in Viridian Forest getting attacked by some Pikachu and a horde of Beedrill, so I'm taking them under my stone for some training!". "Oh my!-", Pewter Joy states, "Well, we better patch your Pokémon up!". "You should come and watch us", Brock replies in a flirtatious way, "I can make dinner for the 2 of u- I- I MEAN ALL OF US!!!". "Maybe next time Brock, I'm quite busy today", Pewter Joy states as she then leaves to go treat everyone's Pokemon, as everyone else watches Brock as he sorrows in his rejection...

"So, why did you guys start becoming Pokemon Trainers in the first place?", Brock asks.

"Well... we kinda just did it for fun-", Kishi replies. Ruki also replies, "Besides, one of our friends, Mitzu, already became a Pokemon Trainer before us, so if the time comes, we might find them!". "Mitzu? huh...", Brock states, "So you guys don't have a dream you wanna accomplish? No goal in mind?". "Nope", Tomo replies, "We mostly just hang out at our house, so why not hang out while having an adventure and meet some Pokemon!". "Ok, that makes sense. What about you?", Brock replies as he looks towards Hayami. "I'm with them to find and catch cute Pokemon", Hayami replies. "Ok then...", Brock states as Pewter Joy brings everyone's Pokemon back.

"Your Pokemon are in good health!", Pewter Joy states, "You guys should rest up as well before you head out!". "Thanks, Nurse Joy!", they all state. As they all rest up and chat, Brock tells about how his training will go. "So basically", he says, "Since, three of you guys are actually planning on competing in the Pokemon League, you're gonna need to defeat me in a Gym Battle". "Right!", Kishi replies, "That doesn't sound too hard, right?". "Well, it can be if you don't have the right Pokemon!", Brock replies, "See I specialize in Rock-Type Pokemon! A very sturdy type with great physical defenses!". "O-oh..", Kishi states, "That can't be that bad right?-". Tomo replies with, "Well, considering you have a Fire-Type and 3 Bug-Types... you might as well be cooked-". "That's where I come in", Brock states, "Since you're with me, I'm gonna train you guys until you are at a similar level with my Onix". "Same as your Onix??? Is that even possible?", Ruki asks. Brock then chuckles as he says, "Follow me, then you'll find out!".

As they leave the PokeCenter, Brock asks them a question, "So, what's Mitzu like???". "Bizarre question-", Ruki states, "But they're very cool, adventurous, and very competitive with Kishi-". "You're just mad that I beat you in multiple games without issue- But yea, they might as well be my true rival, they have curly hair that they sometimes dye, they have freckles, and that's mostly it!". "Interesting...", Brock states as he passes his Gym, "We're almost there!". "Wait- Isn't THAT your gym over there?", Hayami questions. "Yea..", Tomo states, "Aren't we training there?". "I did say we were training", Brock replied as he smiles, "But I didn't say where we would train!". As everyone looks up, they see a giant building that says, PEWTER CITY MUSEUM. And at the sight of it, Tomo gasps with excitement. "WE'RE TRAINING AT THE MUSEUM!?", he shouts. "Thats right!", Brock responds, "My dad just so happens to be the owner of the museum, luckily it comes with its own battlefield to train on!". "THAT'S. SO. COOL!", Tomo squeals, "WE HAVE TO GO INSIDE!".