Chapter 11 - A Tangled Battle

As everyone is asleep, Kishi is having trouble figuring out what's with the Pikachu. "I wonder... why did that trainer abandon the Pikachu in the 1st place...", he states, "It must have done something for something like that to happen...". As he continues thinking, he hears a rustle outside the tent. "Oh nah", he whispers, "We're not gonna be attacked while we're sleeping!". He quietly leaves the tent, and goes to investigate what's going on. As he leaves, he notices something tugging on his pants. It appears that FIRECRACKER followed Kishi out the tent and wanted to come with him. Without any other choice, Kishi lets FIRECRACKER go with him as they both head deep in the forest.

As morning arrives, Tomo and Hayami wake up, along with Zenirtle and ButterPsy. Ruki and their Pokemon then realize that both Kishi and FIRECRACKER are missing. "Wha- Where did they go!?", Ruki wonders, "I swear they were in the tent last night!". "He must've gone to find that Pikachu.... That or he got scared and ran off-", Tomo states. Hayami and Ruki agree as they all pack up their things and go to find their "lost" friend. "Man... I hope he's doing ok...", Ruki states, "LIZZIE, COME OUT!". Once Lizzie comes out of her Pokeball, Ruki asks it to fly around and find Kishi. "Pidgey! (On it!)", Lizzie replies as it flies away. "You too ButterPsy!", Hayami states, sending out her Pokeball in the process, "Go and find Kishi as well! He had a red hat, red shoes, and a red shirt! He also has a Charmander with him too!". ButterPsy then flies away with Lizzie as everyone else keeps looking on foot.

As they keep looking, Tomo finds something lying around on the floor. "Hey... This looks like Kishi's Beedrill Pokemon Card-", he states, "Why is it lying around here-". "You don't think he got captured again do you???", Hayami asks. Ruki denies and states, "He wouldn't get captured without putting up a fight, are there any burned leaves from FIRECRACKER anywhere???", "No", Tomo replies, "But this card does look like it was slightly scorched...". "Kishi will not like that, you know how much he takes care of his cards-", Hayami states, "He acts like a whole new person when 1 of his cards gets messed up!". "Well, we can worry about that later, we might be close to finding Kishi and FIRECRACKER", Tomo states, "all we gotta do is- Wait- Where's Ruki!?".

As Hayami and Tomo were inspecting the Beedrill Card, Ruki heard a rustle in the bushes and decided to go find out what it was. "Hmm... where did that sound come from...", Ruki wonders as they grab their Pokeballs, "KUMO AND OBLITERATE, COME OUT!!". "Bulbasaur? (What happened?)", KUMO asks. "I know I don't understand you two, but Kishi and FIRECRACKER are gone and we need help finding them... Can you two help us?", Ruki asks. KUMO and Obliterate nod their heads and start searching for Kishi and FIRECRACKER. As they headed deeper in the forest, the rustling kept getting louder. "Keep your eyes peeled you two... something could attack us at any time...", Ruki states. As the rustling gets closer, it suddenly gets quiet. Too quiet as some might say. "Bulba... (It stopped...)", KUMO states, "Bulbasaur? (Is that good?)". Before anyone could respond however, some roots from the ground then snatches Ruki, Obliterate, and KUMO by their ankles and hangs them upside-down in a tree, catching them all by surprise. "WHAT THE HECK!? WHAT'S GOING ON!", Ruki shouts, "WHO DID THIS!". Two people then appeared from the bushes that were rustling.

"Prepare for trouble, that was us", Kiana states. "And make it double, so quit making a fuss", Kevin also states. "Oh no...", Ruki states. "To protect the world from creepy bugs", Kiana states. "To unite all the people who move like a slug", Kevin also states. "To denounce the evils of catching some brats", Kiana continues. "To extend our reach of you acting like rats!", Kevin continues. "Kiana, and Kevin~", they both state, "Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light, Surrender now prepare for a creepy-crawly fight! Yea! That's right!". Ruki then looks at KUMO and Mankey, who looks like they're gonna tear Team Rocket's heads off. Ruki angrily states, "You're not getting away-", and gets cut off by Kevin. "Ah! Ah! Ah! Don't worry... we don't plan on leaving soon~", Kevin replies, "Besides, we have some personal business with you and your friends...". "You ruined our hot air balloon!", Kiana states, "Our beautiful Persian balloon!!! Do you know how much money the boss spent to fix that balloon!?". "Not gonna lie-", Ruki states while smirking, "That sounds like a personal problem to me". "Well lucky for us then...", Kiana claims, "Cause it is personal... Go Oddish!". "Go Bellsprout!", Kevin states, "You and your friends are gonna pay for what happened to us!".

As Team Rocket are about to command their Pokemon, a giant group of smoke appears, blinding everyone there. "Wha- What's going on!? What is this!?", Team Rocket states while panicking. Suddenly, they notice that Ruki and their Pokemon are down from the tree, ready for battle. "How did you get down!?", Kiana growls, "No matter! Oddish! Use ACID!". "That's not good!", Ruki states, "Obliterate! Dodge and use LOW KICK!". "Mankey! (Right!)", Obliterate replies. "Oh no you don't...", Kevin states, "Bellsprout! Use WRAP on Mankey!". Bellsprout then grabs onto Obliterate's legs, trapping them in its vines on its body as ACID hits it. "What even is that Pokemon anyway???", Ruki says as they grab their PokeDex. The Pokedex then states, <Bellsprout. The Flower Pokemon. A Grass/Poison-Type. A carnivorous Pokemon that traps and eats bugs. It uses its root feet to soak up needed moisture. Prefers hot and humid places. It ensnares tiny insects with its vines and devours them. Bellspourt's thin and flexible body lets it bend and sway to avoid any attack, however strong it may be. From its mouth, this Pokemon spits a corrosive fluid that melts even iron.>. "Oh... and what about the other one?", Ruki states. The Pokedex then also states, <Oddish. The Weed Pokemon. A Grass/Poison-Type. During the day, it keeps its face buried in the ground. At night, it wanders around sowing its seeds. It may be mistaken for a clump of weeds. If you try to yank it out of the ground, it shrieks horribly. Its scientific name is "Oddium Wanderus." At night, it is said to walk nearly 1,000 feet on its two roots>.

"Hey!", Kiana states, "Focus on the battle! Not that silly little gadget!". Ruki then ignores them and states, "Dang it! If only I had Lizzie with me right now...". "Bulba! Bulb! (Don't worry! You have us as well)", KUMO calmly states. "If you're saying that I can battle with you, then I agree!", Ruki replied, "KUMO! USE VINE WHIP TO UNTANGLE OBLITERATE!". KUMO then fires two vines at Bellsprout, throwing off Obliterate. "Obliterate, FOCUS ENERGY now!", Ruki states. Obliterate then closes its eyes and focuses on its breathing. "KUMO, use TACKLE on the Oddish!", Ruki also states. "Bellsprout! Use VINE WHIP on Mankey!", Kevin states. "Oddish, use ACID on Mankey as well!", Kiana also states. As Oddish gets ready to attack Obliterate, KUMO tackles it down, sending it towards Bellsprout. This ends up in the two Pokemon crashing into their trainers.

"All right! Great job KUMO!", Ruki proudly states. "Oh don't act all high and mighty because you've beaten our Pokemon!", Kiana states, "This battle isn't over yet!". "You're right...", Ruki responds, "THIS BATTLE ISN'T OVER! OBLITERATE! USE SCRATCH!". Obliterate then opens its angry eyes and quickly heads over to Team Rocket, with a powerful "SCRATCH" attack on its way. And before Kevin could even command an attack, Obliterate lands its attack, sending Team Rocket flying out of the Viridian Forest. "MANKEY MAN! (THIS IS REVENGE FOR LAST TIME!)", Obliterate states as it, KUMO and Ruki witness Team Rocket's defeat. "WE'LL BEAT YOU NEXT TIME YOU BRAT!", Kiana angrily shouts. "AND YOU CAN PLAN ON IT TOO!", Kevin adds on as they both shout, "LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!". "Bulba Bul...(Those guys are weird...)", KUMO states. Ruki replies with, "Don't worry! If they ever come back, we'll beat them like we did just now! Little did they know, I was known as the "Bully-Beater" at school "BB" for short". "MANKEY! (SWEET!)", Obliterate states. "Oh by the way! THAT WAS A POWERFUL SCRATCH ATTACK OBLITERATE!", Ruki excitedly states while hugging Obliterate, "I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!". As KUMO joins in on the hug, Ruki's PokeDex dings, <Your Pokemon has learned a new move!>. As Ruki and their Pokemon look at the PokeDex confused, it states, <KARATE CHOP. A Fighting-Type Physical-Attack. It has an increased chance of landing a critical hit>. Ruki's face then lightens up, looks at Obliterate and KUMO then whispers something in its ear. "Bulbasaur Bulb? (Is that safe?)", KUMO states. Ruki then reassures it that everything is gonna be ok.

As they are about to continue the look for Kishi and FIRECRACKER, Lizzie comes out of nowhere, catching KUMO's attention. Once Ruki notices it, they notice it was trying to bring it somewhere. "Did you find him!", Ruki asks. Lizzie then points toward an area and leads Ruki towards it. Ruki then returns KUMO and Obliterate back to their Pokeballs and follows Lizzie. During this, then end up back together with Hayami and Tomo. "And where are you!?", Tomo states as he snaps at Ruki as they respond with, "Heh! Long story... I'll tell you after we find Kishi!". Tomo then shrugs it off as they then find a bright yellow light clashing with a bright purple light.

Man, I wonder what happened. Sounds pretty epic to me! Find out in the next chapter of Pokemon: Adventures Await!!!

Early line from Chapter 12: This ends up catching Kishi off guard, "Yo! When did y'all get here???".