✧ smoke & mirrors ✧

smoke & mirrors, by grunge_obessions

1,675 words

published 1/9/22

-

Kurt turned the shower off slowly, wringing the excess water out of his hair before stepping out, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips when he heard Dave laughing in the room next door, likely at some cheesy comedy he'd found to watch. He reached for his towel on its rack and wrapped it around himself. His gaze flicked up to the mirror, catching harshly on his hips and collarbones, digging into every hollow and rise of each individual rib. It shocked him for a moment. He'd long given up on studying himself in the mirror to see if the endless supplements and miracle weight gain pills were helping.

Despite them evidently not working, a part of him cradled the hope they would, effectively letting him cling to the dream he could be his own concocted version of normal. In holding onto this, Kurt broke down the last shreds of dignity he held not-so-dear. He knew a simple solution would be to eat more, rather than refusing food with the constant fear of that gripping pain devouring him again. He'd rather this thin, skeleton body than that pain.

He tugged the towel further around him, denying his desperation for change even as he opened the cabinet below the sink and turned the pill bottle over in his hands. He looked at the label blankly for several moments before dropping the half-empty bottle into the trash can by the toilet. He looked down at it for a moment, then back at himself. He felt sadness and fear bubbling up his throat and choked back a sob, confused as to why it bothered him so much, yet simultaneously knowing the reason.

He was afraid. Afraid Dave would leave him because he was ugly. Because he was skinny. He sniffed once and pawed at his eyes quickly, only then noticing the lack of sound from the other room. Before he could move the door cracked open. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." Kurt sighed and Dave slipped in, not bothering to close the door and instead gazing into Kurt's sad eyes.

"What's up?" He asked gently and Kurt glanced away from him, back to the mirror. Dave followed his eyes and met his gaze in the reflection.

"Do you think I'm ugly?" Kurt blurted and Dave's eyebrows drew together with confusion, then sadness.

"Of course not!" He stepped across the tiles and pulled Kurt into him. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever met," he whispered into Kurt's hair, tilting his head up and scooting behind him. He gently pried the towel from Kurt's grasp and let it fall to the ground, exposing Kurt to the humid bathroom air. Dave's arms enclosed Kurt's waist, his eyes still gazing steadily into his through the mirror, body pressed tight up behind him. Kurt let's his head fall slightly to one side as Dave lips crept down to kiss his neck, arms hugging him tighter still.

Dave watched Kurt's expression change slowly, from sadness to love to a steadily growing neediness.

Dave started dancing his fingers lightly over Kurt's waist, teasing his quickly hardening cock. Kurt whimpered and saw Dave's reflection smile slightly. Kurt rested his head backward into the crook of Dave's neck

"Keep looking," Dave murmured and Kurt opened his eyes, straightening his head back up and watching Dave's hands. One moved to the base of his cock and he drew a harsh breath, begging Dave to touch him properly.

Finally, Dave's fingers wrapped around his shaft, slowly pulling his grip up Kurt's cock and fondling the tip, skimming his nose over the flushed skin of Kurt's neck. Kurt felt each gentle exhale from Dave as a tickle at his throat, the sensation making him smile slightly. "C'mon." Dave led him into their shared bedroom, where there was a larger mirror on the wardrobe door.