✧ rape me video ✧

kurt and dave (and the history of the 'rape me' video), by orphan_account

2219 words

published 6/8/18

-

"I need your help, Dave."

Dave glanced up from the bed as Kurt barged, unannounced, into his hotel room. The drummer promptly performed a double-take. Kurt was holding his old and battered camcorder in his hands, and his eyes carried a mischievous glint that Dave knew well enough not to trust. He sat up.

"With what?" His voice was a little wary; he was used to Kurt's pranks. But the little blonde chose to say nothing for the moment, instead smiling sweetly at Dave. The drummer took a second glance at Kurt's camcorder, and noticed that the little red light on its surface was on.

For reasons he didn't know, Kurt was recording their conversation.

"I want to make a music video," Kurt said eventually in the way of explanation. Dave supposed his answer was innocent enough, but the way he said it made it sound anything but innocent. But hell, amended the drummer to himself, nothing Kurt says sounds innocent these days. Not a damn thing.

With this in mind, Dave found himself a little lost for words. "Oh... okay, then." His gaze shifted from Kurt's eyes down to the little red light blinking on the camcorder, and back up to Kurt's eyes again. " A music video for what?" He paused, and rethought his question. "And why on Earth are you recording right now, anyway?" The blonde singer chose to ignore the second question, choosing to focus his attention entirely on the first. His smile had widened to the point where it was beginning to look predatory, and Dave mistrusted that smile almost as much as the look in his eyes.

"Our record label's just asked me to pick a song out for our next music video." As he explained, Kurt busied himself in dragging a bedside cabinet out into the middle of the bedroom. He then set the camcorder down on top of it, leaving Dave to watch with growing confusion as he lined it up carefully. After a few more moments Kurt nodded to himself, apparently satisfied with the position, and moved away. Dave gulped uneasily. The camcorder was pointed directly at him.

pHe turned to Kurt, full of questions, but his gaze landed a little further south than he'd intended...

Oh my God

...and his eyes widened at what he saw forming cheerfully between the singer's legs. There's no way a man could get that *excited* about a stupid video... is there?

"Uh, Kurt?"

"Yes, Dave?" That sugary sweet smile was still plastered on his lips, and this time, it gave Dave chills. One look at that smile, and the question he really wanted to ask Kurt died pitifully in his throat, without a word of protest. So the flustered drummer didn't ask that question. He decided to play it safe.

"W-when-" He cleared his throat noisily. "When you say we have to do a video for a song, um, which song do you mean, exactly?"

Kurt chuckled lightly, too innocently for Dave's liking. Dave forced his eyes to stay locked on the little blonde's face and not look down, not look down. A song off the album, of course. Off 'In Utero'."

"W-well, yeah." He couldn't help but stutter a little. It was fucking hard not to look down. "But which song?"

"Guess." Now Kurt was slinking towards the bed, and Dave was feeling very uncomfortable. His eyes flickered over to the camcorder sitting on the top of the cabinet. It's red light seemed exceptionally bright, and somehow too animated. Too fucking alive.

Guess?! "Um..." The drummer was suffering through one hell of a mental blank. It seemed he couldn't remember even one of the songs off the album. But Kurt was looming over him, waiting, so he spat something out between frozen lips. "Allapolajah?"