✧ strange as angels ✧

strange as angels, by moodyaquarius

4975 words

published 9/2/19

-

I woke with a bit of a shock to my system, sitting up in a bed that was unknown to me. A throbbing ache pounded in my head. Scrubbing my hand across my eyes, dislodging any sleep sticking there I began to blink, grimacing at the morning sunlight flooding in through the cracks in the cheap plastic blinds over the window.

Feeling a sudden lightheadedness I reversed my movements and lay back down in bed, turning on my side, eyes catching on a pale shoulder sticking out of the blanket.

I followed the shoulder upward, feeling my chest tighten as I realized who I had woken up beside. His blonde hair stuck up and out wildly, catching sunlight and glowing. He was on his side, back facing me and I had to double take when I saw long red scratches from his shoulders down. Who did that? Was it me? I did that? I felt myself blushing.

This can't be real..... There's just no way.

My eyes traced as far down his back as they could, drinking in the sight of his smooth, pale skin as it disappeared into the sheets. His shoulders had the lightest, barely there freckles. They were really cute. When he turned to face me his eyes were wide open. I took a sharp inhale, getting caught checking him out and gasping softly.

He smiled and spoke before I could explain myself, "Morning.." his dimples caught me off guard, stunning me into a silence that I rapidly tried to recover from.

"M-morning... Kurt.." I sat up in bed and looked down at him, still trying to piece together exactly how and why I was in his bed. He studied my face, those intelligent blue eyes all over me.

"You look confused." he grinned and sat up beside me. My heart is racing.

"I... I have to admit, I don't remember how I got here..."

"Yeah you were pretty shit-faced last night." He ran a hand through his hair, shooting a knowing look up at me. He rose up from the bed slowly, wearing only boxers. He reached down at the floor and pulled striped pajama pants on. He chuckled, "I'm not that shocked you don't remember.."

I feel embarrassed. "I hope you know... this isn't something I do all the time.." I hoped he didn't think I was easy or that I slept around a whole lot. Plus, uh, how the fuck did this happen exactly?

"Uh huh, sure," he grinned. I could tell he was teasing me but a small part of me was still worried. I scrambled up out of the bed only wearing boxers as well. I felt my face get hot as I reached down for my basketball shorts, pulling them up and watching him leave the room.

I followed him into the kitchen where he reached into the freezer and pulled out eggo waffles. "You want?" He raised an eyebrow at me as he dropped two waffles into the toaster.

I nodded, "Sure. Thanks." I felt like he was changing the subject. "So, are you going to fill me in on anything... or?"

Kurt smiled mischievously at me. "Nah. I think it's fun to keep you in the dark." He reached up into cabinets, grabbing plates and cups. He turned and reached into the fridge, pulling out orange juice and pouring two glasses, offering one to me.

"Thank you.." I moved over to sit at the little table just outside his kitchen, trying to shake this feeling of confusion off. I'd been in his apartment before.. but never in his bedroom. My surroundings became a little more familiar as I looked around, trying to remember how I got here.

I felt my head throb in pain, making me hiss and clutch at my temples. When I opened my eyes he was sitting in the chair across from me, eyebrows pulled up in concern.