I'm Ready For You This Time

While Chica and I started walking toward the escalators, heavy footsteps echoed from the bottom floor

While Chica and I started walking toward the escalators, heavy footsteps echoed from the bottom floor. Those footsteps were followed by a series of loud snarls and yelling, I froze when I realized who was coming, "Oh no! Monty is here!" Chica turned to me and opened her stomach hatch, "Quickly, Gregory! Get inside before Monty sees you!" She said. Luckily, I managed to get in before Monty arrived on the second floor. He let out a huff before turning to Chica and asking her if she saw me, "Chica! Have you seen that kid anywhere?!"

Chica didn't flinch when Monty raised his voice at her, seeing Monty like this was a common sight for her, I on the other hand was terrified. Monty's yelling reminded me of times when Mr. Johnson yelled at him when I was a really bad apple, I was using every fiber of my being to stay dead silent. I feared that if I made a single peep, it would be the end of me and Chica. "I did see him leave the Lobby earlier today, so perhaps he is somewhere nearby," Chica said.

Monty let out another huff and balled his fists, "How does this kid always slip away?" "Did you see him earlier today?" Chica asked, "Well I heard an alarm go off in my attraction today and went down there to look for him. But like always, I find nothin'!" Monty replied, 'But like always.' Chica thought. Based on how Monty said those words, it sounds like he was going down to Monty Golf looking for something other than me.

"You said "But like always". Were you looking for something else besides the boy down there?" She asked, "I don't wanna talk about it." Monty said with some sadness in his voice. Chica knew something else was bothering Monty, she had a rough idea of what that could be, but she wanted him to confirm it. "Monty. I know something else is bothering you. Whatever it is you can tell me." Monty was feeling conflicted, he wanted Chica to drop the subject, but he could also tell that Chica was being sincere. He let out another huff and told her the problem, "Alright... I'll tell you. Ever since Bonnie disappeared, I... I spent more time in Monty Golf lookin' for proof."

"Proof?" Chica parroted, "Anything that proves how Bonnie disappeared. I hear what people say about me." "Where's Bonnie?" "Oh, it was Monty's fault!" "He's the one who decommissioned Bonnie!" "That gator attacked him to steal his spot!" Monty said in a mocking tone. "I keep tryin' to remember what happened that night. But no matter how hard I try to, I just... Keep gettin' nothin'!" "But what if they're right?! What if I did attack Bonnie that night!? What if everythin' people say about me is true!? What if I am the monster they think I am?!" Monty shouted.

Chica stood in place for a few seconds processing everything Monty just told her. She had a strong feeling that Monty harbored jealousy toward Bonnie, but she was also sure that Monty is not a monster. And even if he did attack Bonnie that night, she knows that Monty would never do it intensionally, that receiver disk would make him do it against his programming. "I-" Monty was cut off when Chica hugged him. "Monty, I know what you are going to say, and no. You are not a mistake, you are my friend. I know people compare you to Bonnie, but you do not have to be like him or be better than him. You are a wonderful bass player."