Max's Mind pt.2

"Hey, stay close to me, got it?" Adira demanded Maxine as she tightened her grip on her hand and began to lead her closer to the dissembled house that was about a kilometre away from them, she made sure to walk in front of Max and keep an eye out for anything, constantly checking over her shoulder towards Max to check that she was still okay

"Yeah, I got it," Max muttered out with a small nod, her head was turning in all different directions to make sure that she got a good look at all of her surroundings, she didn't want to keep her eyes on one spot for too long due to the fear that she might miss something and then they get attacked.

She was still wondering how the hell Adira had managed to get in there... after all they were in Maxine's mind. But Adira kept brushing it off and changing the subject so Max decided to stop asking her for now.

The sky was red and big bolts of red lightning were shooting out from the clouds, illuminating the area around them. The sound of the ear bursting thunder shook the ground beneath them like an earthquake and only seemed to get louder and louder as they got closer and closer to the house.

"With any luck, there might be a way out at this stupid house," Adira muttered out to nobody in specific. Max nodded her head, hoping that Adira was right.

Steve and Eddie were shaking Adira's body whilst Lucas was shaking Maxines. Eddie had grabbed a hold of the girls face in his hands, gently caressing her skin as he gave her a desperate look, "Hey, I need you to wake up now okay? I finally just got you and I'm not going to lose you, especially not yet. This is meant to be my year... 86... the year I finally get my girl!"

"Adira wake your ass up right now I swear to god," Steve begged her, biting his lips as he tried to stop the tears that were flowing down his cheeks quickly, falling off his face and seeping into his polo shirt, "You're the only family that I have left so you need to wake the fuck up! You mean more to me than anything else in this shitty world and I can't live a life without you so don't you dare fucking die!"

Eddie's whole body was shaking as he pressed his forehead against Adira's, "please open your eyes Adira, I need you okay! Shit shit shit, just wake up please! You're not allowed to die before I do!"

Dustin ran over to Lucas and Maxine first, tripping slightly as he fell to his knees in front of them. The tapes and two walkmans fell on the ground with a light thud, sprawling all over the grass, "guys, guys come on," Eddie cried out to them quickly.

Eddie scrambled over to Dustin quickly while Steve pulled Adira's body into his own and craddled his sister in his arms, burying his face into her neck and swaying her softly as he sobbed loudly. The sounds of his sobs were enough to make the teens squeeze their eyes shut for a few moments, the heartbreaking sobs sending a throbbing pain through their upper chests, "Please Bambi, wake up."

"Wh-what is this?" Lucas asked in confusion and frustration, he wanted to know how the hell this was meant to save Adira and Maxine, they didn't have the time to be screwing around right now, so whatever this was, it had to be the answer.

"Hey, what are their favourite songs? What are their favourite songs?" Dustin asked Steve, Eddie and Lucas quickly, losing his breath from a mixture of the running around and stress of the fact that two of his best friends were more than likely about to die.

"Why? Why?" Lucas yelled out, leaning closer to Dustin, becoming more and more frustrated as the time past and Max was in her trance for longer and longer

"Dustin you need to tell us why," Eddie quickly explained to him, also not seeing the point of this. All that was on his mind was saving Adira and he wanted to trust Dustin, but they didn't have the time to mess around and try different possible ways to save the girls