Chapter Two

Trigger Warning: Chapter contains mention of Eating Disorders

Eventually, all the groups broke and everyone went to their rooms to rest, as they all had no doubt that would need to be well rested for whatever lay ahead in that book.

-_-

The countries eventually started to wake gradually, there were several who would have preferred to stay in bed the entire day than see what was held in that book. Though eventually, all the stragglers had come into the large living room.

"So, who's gonna read first? I don't mind being the first to start reading since I'm the hero and everything, but if anyone else wants to, then the hero will stand to the side for a while?" He quickly looked around and saw that Matthias had shot his hand up, so he slid the book over. "Floor is yours dude."

Matthias gave a thumbs up and quickly opened the book up. "Oh fuck, there's multiple on one page, we're never getting through this thing."

"What did you expect? One per page? Only on one side?" Lukas said sarcastically. Matthias responded with a shrug and Lukas muttered something about stupid Danes. "Just get on with it."

Whenever Tolys speaks English, he tends to use slang from 1920s USA. Alfred doesn't correct him when he hears it because a part of him misses the carefree language. Tolys is aware of this.

"You could have told me Alfred. I still use it even with knowing.." Tolys was smiling, he had known the slang he used was old, but whenever Alfred heard it he always seemed to perk up a little, so he continued to use it.

"I didn't want to risk it!" Alfred quickly defended. Everyone else was slightly smiling at him, and they talked a little about the old slang, and explained a bit of it to Wendy and Peter, before they eventually continued with the reading.

Alfred and Matthew both have a real knack for languages from being around so many growing up. Alfred holds it over Matthew to this day that he is ever so slightly better at learning languages than him.

"Will you ever let it go?" Matthew looked at his brother while shaking his head, trying to hide his smile.

Alfred seemed to consider it for a while, but eventually said, "Nope!"

Matthew still makes Ludwig wary. He remembers how the Canadians fought in the World Wars. He tries his best to make sure he is never on the receiving end of that ever again.

A lot of the countries gave Matthew a look, because he had always seemed like a sweet country, especially when compared to his brother. Ludwig just nodded his head once towards Matthew, who returned the gesture. There was some unspoken respect between the two.

Gilbert has caught cereal on fire while making it. No one is sure how it happened. Not even him.

That made everyone laugh, because honestly, how do you fuck up cereal? Especially fuck it up to the point where it catches on fire.

"I'm pretty sure that just takes some skill." Francis said, he was really thinking about how it'd even be possible.

Francis, Arthur, Matthew, and Alfred have a family night every month. They don't always act like it, but they all recognize the fact that they are very much a family, no matter what happens.

Alfred and Matthew gave cheesy smiles. Francis shook his head at his boys while Arthur muttered about how that was supposed to be a secret. No one was surprised, as they had all seen little bits and pieces of them being a family.