chapter 3

Violet's pov

Once I leave Mr Moore's office with the two officers it takes me a little bit to realise we are heading to my locker, once opening my locker, I stuff everything in my locker in my bag seeing as I probably won't be back here at least for a little bit.

When I finished stuffing everything in, my bag was really heavy and my back and shoulders hurt from the weight and the material rubbing on my skin.

once I shut my locker the officers don't waste a second before heading for the front of the school. out the front parked kind of hazardly is their police car in the middle of the road. walking to where their car is parked the two officers are quiet, always glancing at me with saddened eyes. neither of them saying anything to me the whole time we have been together. 

We slowly made our way to my house after I told them the address, I was just sitting there looking out the window. I was not looking forward to them seeing where I live or I guess it's lived now, everyone that sees the house always either judges me or they give me pitiful eyes.

After a ten-minute drive, we arrive at the front of my house, I run up the steps after telling the officers to wait in the car. getting into the house, once getting inside the pain in my body being to much to walk normally anymore, I walk very slowly till I reach the basement.

Taking out most of my things in my school bag, I leave one book that is full of little sketches I've done and the pencils I draw and colour with. I shove my small amount of clothes into the bag plus this little box thingy with my name on it that has a small necklace for a baby or small child and a small picture with a little baby girl which I assume is me.

I honestly am wondering why my parents would get baby me this, I mean they hated me, beat me, why would they do something so nice to baby me.

Slowly walking up the stairs to the second floor I reach the bathroom and put my concealer and hairbrush with some hair ties and other small things and then walking kind of quickly down the stairs and out of the wretched house and into the car with the two officers waiting not wanting to be in the house another second.

While we start heading to the station the women officer decides to start talking, probably because she couldn't stand the silence anymore. if I wasn't so busy thinking about everything I would have been out of my mind with the silence.

"You got everything you need honey?" she says while turning around to look at me.

I only nod my head yes and she takes the answer reluctantly. We sat in silence for a bit, so I thought she was done talking, but apparently not because minutes later she starts talking again.

"Do you want to listen to some music? Are you too hot? Because I can change the temperature" she begins to ramble looking between me and the radio.

Reluctantly I say "No I'm fine" I really didn't want to talk at all, I normally don't talk to strangers because it makes me uncomfortable and with everything that has happened today, I really just want to sit and think about everything.

After seeing that I'm not going to be talking much, she finally gives up and we just sit in silence the rest of the way.

we finally get to the station, and they lead me silently to a row of desks with a young-looking woman sitting behind the desk, she has a plack saying her name is 'Marley Anderson'. The woman asks me to take a seat, I was a bit hesitant at first but sit anyway and the two officers finally leave after they see me sitting.

Marley gives me a look mixed with pity and happiness with some sadness, she reaches her hand out slowly looking for me to take it and shake her hand. 

"Hi, I'm Marley Anderson but you can just call me Marley and I'm going to be your social worker"

I reach my hand out and shake her hand lightly with a small smile which she returns with an even bigger one "hi I'm Violet" I say barely above a whisper.

After talking for a little bit trying to get to know each other a bit, I didn't really give anything so Marley was really the only thing that was keeping the conversation going, she explained that we needed to do a blood test so she could find the rest of my family to see if they want to take me in. I just simply nod, and we get started.

I really am glad that I covered my arms with concealer because if not she would have seen all of my bruises and scars, the scars are still a little visible, but you can only really see them if you are trying to look for them. which I am praying to god she isn't, I know some social workers would seeing as most kids in the system get abused and while that is me, I don't want her knowing that.

After around an hour, we were done, and Marley takes me to her desk again. It was kind of boring just sitting there but I was glad that Marley didn't talk with me.

 it was a couple of hours later when I began to get sleepy with everything that's happened, so I allow myself to fall asleep, my brain still half awake out of the habit of living with the monsters.

I'm always on edge, listening to every sound and seeing how close it is to me, identifying where footsteps are and if anyone is breathing near me. 

which doesn't leave much time for actually getting any rest.