Chapter 53

Violet's pov

It's been a week since I read the letter, I haven't done anything but schoolwork and training. I have only been to school one day and I made sure it was a day that I didn't have history. Alex has been texting me but I haven't been answering, he did his job he got close to me and I was the stupid one that thought it was because he actually wanted to be friends. But no he was only using me so he can take down my family's mafia.

I think my family can tell that ii have been down in the dumps but they aren't questionings why, I'm pretty sure that think that it's because of the letter and everything surrounding it, which is partly true I guess. Xavier, Lorenzo, Xander and Elijah try and distract me whenever they can but with them having to go to work and school it is kind of hard. Alessandro comes to my room every two nights and makes sure I am in bed asleep.

He was over to my bed sits on the side of me and just looked at me for a little bit before kissing my forehead and walking out the door, closing it behind him. We both don't talk about it but I think it just gives him comfort, to know that I am still here with them.

The thing that makes my heart rate go up is that Alessandro actually seems nervous or scared, I don't know but it's like he thinks that Alex's dad could take me and do all the things he promised to do.

From what I know about the mafias Alessandro's and Massimo's mafias are the first and second biggest mafias and that's only because they are like the same mafia, they share people and resources. After their mafias, Alex's dad's mafia is third but I thought that he wouldn't be able to do anything because of the size of our mafia compared to his.

Jumping out of my thoughts and into the real world, I finally get out of bed and head to my closet trying to find something comfortable to wear, knowing that I am not going anywhere today.

Finding the right clothes I grab them and walk over to the shower, quickly turning it on and stripping down to get in. washing quickly I get out making sure that I still face away from the mirror. Being here has helped me with so many things but I still can look at myself in the mirror at least not when I can see my scars.

 Being here has helped me with so many things but I still can look at myself in the mirror at least not when I can see my scars

Getting dressed I try and make a plan for the day. I know that I have some more school work to do but hopefully, that won't take all day. Today is one of those days where Lorenzo, Elijah and Alessandro are going to their offices so it will just be me and the guards here.

During the week I was really bored and I had the brilliant idea that I should try and talk to them you know be friends or even acquaintances, but no they didn't even talk or make a face, they were like freakin statues. Eventually, I gave up and went back to my room and continued doing schoolwork.

Walking out of my room I have to resist the urge to scream, sitting on my bed Alessandro looks directly at me like he didn't just cause me to have a heart attack.

"what the hell are you doing in here" trying to make my heart go back to normal

"I thought instead of you staying here while we are all out at work and school you might want to come with us and see where we 'work'" normally I would want to go just to see what they do there and how things run but I can tell that with the letter Sandro hates leaving me alone