Chapter 49

Violet's pov

sitting at the dinner table is kind of awkward, apparently, when the twins couldn't find me they texted Elijah who was with Lorenzo so everyone except Alessandro knows that I was late to class and apparently late getting out of class.

Xander is currently staring daggers at my head for no reason. Well I mean I guess to him I was out of class for no reason, he is probably just worried about me and doesn't know how to show it so he's doing what he does best. Being angry.

Alessandro has caught on that something is going on but he seemed to not go into it when he saw me give him a small head shake. Alessandro looks at me every now and again just to make sure that I am still okay with Xander staring at me, but I always am.

Everyone else seems fine with the fact that I wasn't in class, I think it has to do with whatever Xavier said when he went into the kitchen when we got home. So while Xander and Xavier were in the kitchen with Elijah and Lorenzo I was going up to my room to get all of my homework out of the way.

I continue eating my food, pretending nothing has happened and there isn't someone death staring me. Honestly, I am a little proud of Xander, normally he would have been in a full rage yelling at everyone by now but he isn't, yes he is still glaring at me but I mean at least he isn't yelling... yet.

"where the hell were you today" and I spoke too soon

Xander is staring right at me and everyone has stopped eating and talking the little bit that they were. Xander didn't say it loud or anything, it was kind of a mutter but because no one was really talking it made everyone hear him loud and clear.

"What are you talking about?" I ask deciding to have a little bit of fun

"where the hell were you for your second last class, Niall said you weren't there" Xander replies with his jaw locked

Hearing this Alessandro looks up from his plate looking directly at me, with worry and a little bit of anger in his eyes

"what does he mean by that" normally Alessandro stays out of us bickering because it's never important but because Xander had to go and say that of course he has to start paying attention

"I was feeling sick so I went to the nurse and stayed there for like 30 minutes then I went back to class" I say shrugging. I really hope I don't get caught lying, I mean lying to Xander and Xavier was a lot easier but lying to Alessandro is going to be somewhat difficult

"Why didn't Niall call me" Alessandro asks getting slightly angry

"I don't know, he probably just looked on the computer and saw that I was at the nurse's office" I say in the most nonchalant voice I can get

"he still should have called, if he had enough time to call or text one of the boys. he should have called me first and then the boys" Alessandro gets up before I can say anything and walks right out of the door, probably going to his office to call Niall or all three of the boys

The rest of us just look at each other knowing that we wouldn't want to be on the other side of that phone call. From the time that I've been here I have learnt that Alessandro is very protective over his siblings, I mean to the fact that if someone even bumps into us on accident he will make them give us a heartfelt apology, I mean it is mostly like that for me because the rest of the guys can actually take care of themselves but he is still really protective over the guys.

After we all finish we grab all of the dishes and clean them and put them away. I get Alessandro's leftover food and put it away in a container encase he wants more food later. I know how hard he works and sometimes he forgets to take care of himself, so that is when the rest of us come in. I mean most of the time Elijah and Lorenzo are with Alessandro so if he isn't taking care of himself then neither are the other two.