Chapter 17

Violet's pov

I awake with a jump, sweat all over my body deciding that I don't want to try and fall back asleep only to have another nightmare like the past seven. I get out of bed and grab some clothes ready for a shower.

After a hot shower for an hour, I get dressed into something basic and will just change again when it's time to go downstairs. I grab the book on my couch and sit getting comfortable to read it.

Honestly, I love books like what can't they do, they transport you to another world, one where you can choose. It makes you stop thinking about things in your own life and focus on the adventure in the book.

That's why I love reading, for at least a little bit you can be someone else and you don't have to think about your real life.

After spending a while reading, I look at the clock seeing it's 6 am. I don't think anyone would be up yet so I can't go and play the piano so I settle for something else.

Walking into my wardrobe, the many bags that are still not unpacked greet me. I start putting them away in different spots making sure everything fits perfectly in its place.

After a very long hour, it was 7 am and I decide just to go downstairs, so I rummage through all my neatly put away clothes to find something. It can't be too fancy because then it will look like I'm trying too hard but I don't want to look like a sloth so I settle for something that's comfortable and also looks good.

 It can't be too fancy because then it will look like I'm trying too hard but I don't want to look like a sloth so I settle for something that's comfortable and also looks good

After getting dressed I go into the bathroom to make sure all of my bruises and scars are covered and do my hair and brush my teeth. I settle for just curling my hair and doing a natural type make-up.

Now completely ready I go over to my bed and get out my sketchbook, deciding to draw to pass the time

Letting my brain go free as well as my hand, I don't focus on what I'm actually drawing and hopefully, it won't turn out bad.

After 2 hours of drawing I can hear people talking downstairs, looking over to the clock it reads 9:30 am. Guess they wanted to see me sooner than expected.