Chapter 25

Alessandro's pov

(surprise mfs)

While sitting down and talking I was listening to Violet breathing, it was steady and deep meaning she fell asleep. I was glad that she wasn't as guarded around her family anymore and that she trusted us or at least me to fall asleep and know that nothing bad will happen.

All of a sudden violet started to mumble something under her breath, shutting her eyes tighter and moving around a little bit. She was having a nightmare.

I try waking her up by putting my hand on her arm and shaking her softly, this only seems to make it worse because she starts moving more and she starts to yell a little bit but it wasn't really clear what she was saying.

With her moving and yelling all of our family had now noticed that she was having a nightmare. Gerardo puts his hand on violet's other arm and shakes her harder than me. Violet just starts moving more now like she is fighting for her life.

Violet now is screaming clearly as we keep on shaking her, what she's yelling is worrying me a little bit.

"Stop, I'm sorry. I'm sorry please I'll be good" she keeps repeating over and over again. Because the whole room was quiet and we were all focusing on violet we all heard what she was saying, some of the younger teenagers froze hearing it but all of the aunties and grandma just looked at her with more worry.

Xander seemingly had had enough so he went up to violet and drew in a big breath before yelling "violet wake up"

As soon as he finished yelling violet sprung up, breathing heavily with tears in her eyes. It was clear that she didn't know that the whole family was watching her or that she was even still in the lounge room on my lap.

I softly put my hand on her back, making her jump a little bit and spoke as softly as I think I ever have.

"Violet, hey it's okay. It was just a nightmare. your okay, you're fine. I'm here"

At first, I didn't think she was even listening but as I kept speaking she slowly turned her head more to face me and by the end, she was looking directly at me. Some tears streamed down her face.

"It's okay, I got you. Nothing's going to happen" I say as I pull her into my chest. I thought she might pull away and walk away from me completely but she didn't, she actually hugged me back and let me embrace her.

We stayed hugging for a while with everybody just looking at us. No one was saying anything still so I'm not quite sure violet knew that it wasn't just us but I don't think she would like that they saw her like that so very subtly I point with my finger to the doorway and look around the room. Silently asking them to leave so I can make sure violet is okay.

One by one they all leave, mostly it was grandma and the adults pushing the kids out of the room but somehow nobody makes a sound. It was quiet the whole time.

As soon as the last person has gone out of the room I separate violet and I just a little bit so I can see her face, which is still streaming with tears and her eyes starting to turn red.

"do you want to talk about it?" I ask hoping she knows she doesn't have to but she could if she wants to

She doesn't say anything but just shakes her head and looks down. I put my finger gently under her chin and raise her head so we can look at each other.

Violet has now stopped crying and the only evidence that she had been crying at all was the tear streak and her red-ish eyes.

"how about we go to bed? I can stay with you if you want" I say trying to be as soft and gentle as I could be

Again violet doesn't say anything but nods her head, so carefully I pick her up and put her legs each on the sides of my body while our stomachs are together. We slowly walk up the stairs, me having to look on both sides of her just to make sure I don't trip and fall over.

After maybe five minutes I make it into violet's room and place her on her bed. She seems very tired so I place her down near the top of the bed with her head on her pillows.

While she's laying down I go into her wardrobe and after looking threw some drawers I finally find where her pyjamas are. Grabbing a pair I walk back into her room to see violets head half smushed into the pillow with her legs not fully on the bed.

"violet, do you want me to change you or can you do it your self" I ask pausing a little to make sure she is actually awake. Violet doesn't reply so I assume she wants me to change her because she is too tired.

But as I go to lift up her shirt I only get it to her hip before she clasps her hand around my wrist and her eyes are snapped open looking straight into mine. Letting go immediately, I look into her eyes to see tiredness but also fear and panic.

"it's okay you can do it. While you change I'm going to go to my room and change as well alright?" I ask not really expecting an answer but I do anyway when she nods faintly and sits up.

Walking out the door my mind keeps getting flashes of violet screaming and moving around and the panic and fear in her eyes when I went to change her. I mean I didn't mean to make her uncomfortable but as soon as I started lifting up her shirt it was like something kicked into her and she woke up fully.

I quickly get changed, trying to just go back to violet's room so I can go to sleep. It has been a big day with there being a possible traitor and violet saying she knows about the mafia and having everyone over.

Walking back into violets room I see that she changed into the pyjamas I left for her and she is back laying down looking like she is asleep. I turn off all the lights and get on the spare side of the bed. Just ask I'm about to fall asleep though I feel violet rest her head on my chest and snuggle into me.

It really does warm my heart knowing that she feels comfortable doing this and that she trusts me enough to even touch me. It is definitely I big difference from when she first came here but I could not be happier.