Suspended Classes

When Birdie got to school the next day, she went straight to her locker, and when she closed it, she saw Billy looking at her, slightly tilting his head downward to make direct eye contact. "Jesus! What the fuck, man!?" Birdie pushes past Billy as he laughs at her reaction.

"Chill out. I just want to talk." He began to walk beside her throughout the halls.

"Says every serial killer ever." Birdie rolls her eyes and pauses before her classroom. "What do you want?" She looks at him, and the clock behind him.

"I know you know Tatum, as Dewey was talking about you at the station, and I also know Sidney left with her." He explains.

"Oh, so you're using me to get with Sidney. I though you two were already dating?" She questions.

"Well, yeah. We were." He emphasized the were part, implying they aren't dating anymore. "I just wondered if she said anything to you."

"I'm pretty sure Sidney hates me or something. So, no, she didn't say anything to me." Birdie lets out a small sigh of relief when the bell rings and goes to her seat.

The language arts teacher begins to go on and on about whatever they were talking about, and as Birdie was in the back, she puts her headphones on and plays music on her Walkman.

"Bernadette! What are you doing back there?" Birdie groans and put her Walkman and headphones back in her bag before the teacher gave her detention. 

"Cool. But could you at least try to call me Birdie for once." She rolls her eyes, and the bell saves her from trouble yet again.

She quickly goes through her next through classes, and before she can ditch for the rest of the day, the principal announces that school is suspended until further notice. She puts her headphones on as she leaves the school building and begins to slowly walk home, looking around at all the building surrounding the school.

As she walks, Billy comes up beside her again. She stops and pulls her headphones down around her shoulders, pausing her music. "So, what? You're following me home now?" She laughs, slightly joking but also slightly worried with the killer and everything.

"No, I was just wondering if you wanted to go to a party with me?" He steps out of the way of a few people walking down the sidewalk.

"Why? So you can make Sidney jealous?" Birdie scoffs slightly and rolls her eyes.

"No. I don't even know if she's going. I just wanna go to a party with you." He shrugs.

"Uhh.." She thinks for a moment before answering. "Sure? Where is it? And when?"

"Stu's house. Just be there by eight." He leaves before she can ask where Stu's house even is.

She decides to just ask Tatum when she gets home, and plays her music again before continuing to walk home.