chapter 5

Its soo nice to sit in the fresh air and have a cup of tea. I made them make bunch of cakes and cookies for me and I love eating them...must take a walk after that.

I saw philip running behind butterflies so I called him. " Running behind butterflies....dont you have school to attended? " I asked him. He looked down and said " I dont go school " and I think I should have known that.

" Dont run around....come I will help you learn your alphabets and by the end of this month....you my boy will be going to school. " I told and his face glowed up.

" Go fetch some paper and ink we start right away. " I told giving him some coins and off he went. I will not be here for long but I know a perfect person who can do the things I want her to do. And this way I can prevent many things.

Philip came with pen and paper and I taught him few alphabets. " Practice and I will see how much progress you made. " I told him. He smiled and ranned off with his paper. Since my arrival so many things have changed in the story....hope they doesn't effect anything.

As I sat their I saw Elizabeth walking by herself so I called her to have a cup of tea with me. She sat down with me . " Hope your sister is doing well ? She is not feeling unwell is she ? " I asked her , I know she is fine but still I wanted to know .

" She took her medicine and that made her very sleepy...so she is sleeping otherwise she is fine. " she said sipping her tea. " I am glad she is fine...and hope you very comfortable here lizzy , hope you're not feeling uncomfortable here ? " I asked her , hope my sister is not disturbing her.

" No , no I am perfectly well here.....thank you for taking so good care of us . " she hurriedly replied. " Friends should never say sorry to each other. " I told her and she smiled. Today her mother was supposed to be here...but since many things changed she is little late.

" I was thinking to have a little chat with you....I want to talk about something important with you. " I told her and she nodded very seriously. " I want to know more about people who stay here , their income , house , how many ladies they have and everything. " I asked and she looks surprised.

" Actually I was planning to start a ladies dress business here and also arrange marriages ...and it would help me a lot if I know what will people prefer here. " I asked her and her eyes sparkled . " I certainly know about many families here and I can tell you all about them to help you. " she sounded very interested.

" Although my knowledge about fashion is limited but I can take help from my aunt and my sisters. " she said and I nodded " That would be great...the more the merrier . " Her aunt will certainty know more.

" when will you start ? " she asked totally invested in the idea.
" Right now I will just advertise let people know and when they're done knowing I start my business ..." Now that's my plan but we are not going to stay here much....so it may not start here but it did gave me something to talk with her. As we were talking I saw Mrs Bennet enter our house with her daughters Lydia and Mary. In one glance I knew who was the playful and flirty girl ( only with officers ) and which one is Mary.

" looks like your mother is here. " I told her , she looked towards them . " let's greet them . " I told her and together we went to greet her. She demanded to see Jane first , I wanted to say ' Why bother the ring is not in her finger yet...you wouldn't want to see her like that ' but I swallowed that.

She came inside and sat on Jane's bed " My dear are you alright ? Look at you so sick and poor in health. " she said looking at her
' thats not gonna prolong her stay ' I again wanted to shout but I didn't. " I am fine mother....are you here to take me home ? " asked Jane to her.

" Home....in this condition... not at all dear. Your sick and shifting you may cause you trouble... You must not be moved from here. " she said trying to stop her daughter from thinking about leaving.
" yes Jane you're not to be moved....Mrs Bennet... Why don't you join us for some tea. " I told her and she happily agreed.

We came in our dinning room , I sat with her serving her tea and hard so many stories about her neighbours , the horse man who smiles at her , the family with lots of dogs , how Mr Bennet never listens us , how Mrs Lucas daughter is just plain and not pretty like Jane. It was quite entertaining to talk with her. Elizabeth was feeling little ashamed but I ensured her it was alright.

My sister wasn't interested in conversation but as soon as the juicy gossips kicked in even she sat their to have a chat. After sometimes Darcy and my brother arrived. Well my brother mixed with his mother in law well but can Darcy mix with her ?

The Bennet sisters who talked about officers finally started ball room talking and after a long conversation they parted , Mrs Bennet happy after seeing her daughter happy and those sisters on the thought of going on a ball party.

Since I don't gossip much my sister said nothing and went back to her knitting. Elizabeth grabbed her unfinished book and sat by the window to read. " Caroline ....would you like taking a walk with me ? " he asked looking at me like ' I have something super important to share you better follow me. '

" Walk...my my had Mr Darcy finally taken fancy of me ?" I teased and his face darkened like ' Its serious' . " We shall go for a walk.....sure. " I nodded and grabbed my white parasol and the basket which I always keep ready in case we go out for a walk.

I love taking walks...since here it is safe but judging by his expression I don't think its safe to walk with him today.

" Charles I am going out for a walk....do accompany Miss Bennet...... " I was about to leave but I thought to specify since my lover brother may understand Miss Bennet as Jane only...well if you say Miss Bennet the name that pops in your brain is Jane only...strange.

" Give Elizabeth some snacks , Jane is awake bring her and make her sit beside the fire away from window , tell Philip's mother Mary to serve Jane her medicine soup....she needs that. " I instructed him .

" I will take care....you enjoy your walk. " he said teasing me , okay now all of a sudden he knows my love for Darcy and is acting like a wingman ? Too bad this union will not work out.

" I will..." I responded and together we walked out of the room ...hope its not a deadly conversation. Hope things go well.