Chapter 4 - Nightmares

WC : 424

Grian sat in the warm light of the sunset. It's golden rays illuminating the fields below him. He had no clue how the hermits had gotten there or what an avian was, he suspected that some didn't believe he was one but most accepted it. He assumed it was easier to go by that than risk the hermits fearing him for what he really was, a watcher. From a young age all players are told the stories of watchers and how they are hellbent on destruction.

He watched the hermits all retire for the night into their tents, his eyes lingering over Xisuma. He had assumed the admin knew he wasn't really an avian but as long as Xisuma didn't confront him about it, he was going to pretend to be what they saw him as.

Grian found a new tree to perch in seeing as his old one was chopped down and closed his eyes, catching some much needed rest after such a long day.

... 

He opened his eyes to see himself back in the watcher's dungeon. A silver mask and a dark cloak laid in front of him both were marked with the symbol of the watchers. His back had been in immeasurable pain all night, he put his hand on his back trying to feel for the source of the pain that plagued him. He moved his hand around his back straining due to the bonds on his wrists but he could feel two soft stumps rooted into his back. 'Now that's weird." He thought to himself.

Footsteps rang throughout the hallway, getting louder as a watcher came into his view and stopped before his cell. "╎ ᓭᒷᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ℸ ̣ ∷ᔑリᓭ⎓𝙹∷ᒲᔑℸ ̣ ╎𝙹リ ⍑ᔑᓭ ʖᒷ⊣⚍リ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ" The watcher grinned at him.

"What transformation!?!" He questioned. He shouldn't have been able to understand a language that he's never heard before yet he did.

"╎リℸ ̣ 𝙹 𝙹リᒷ 𝙹⎓ ⚍ᓭ" The watcher smirked slyly and walked away.

...

Grian awoke panting, 'it was just a dream, you're free,' he took a deep breath and looked around at his surroundings. The sun was just peaking over the horizon and it looked like none of the hermits were up yet. Grian got up and walked towards the forest in the distance, quietly so that he didn't wake anyone who may still be asleep.

...

Doc watched silently from the distance as the feathered figure looked around and then slunk towards the shadows. 'I don't trust him' he thought to himself, slinking back into his tent.

Dear Reader,

Don't write and make pasta at the same time, it's a recipe for disaster. I burned myself, the pasta, and the sauce. 

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)