Chapter 21 - Aftermath 2.0

WC : 269

It had been a month. A month since Grian had given himself up. Mumbo and Stress were almost fully healed, both would have scars but neither were in pain. Xisuma was trying his hardest to make a portal to the watcher dimension but nothing worked. Scar was stressing out about saving Grian as fast as possible, but Mumbo was dead silent. Mumbo hadn't said a single word since he woke up, he barely ate and dark circles marked his eyes. Stress would never recover from her time with the watchers, spending a week with them was enough for her to never want to go back. Grian was probably terrified right now, he was most likely in a ton of pain, thinking that they would never come for him.

"I got it!" A shout rang throughout the camp. It was quite literally the middle of the night so anyone who went to investigate the shout was either rubbing sleep from their eyes or Mumbo.

A portal sat in the middle of the camp, it seemed a bit rougher and less put together than the one Grian had made a month ago but otherwise it seemed the same. "Great, we can go save him now, I'll get my stuff you guys should too." Scar announced excitedly.

"No, not tonight, we need to be more awake and more prepared. We'll spend the day getting ready and we'll head out tomorrow night.

"But-"

"No buts, we can't afford to be unprepared like last time. Everyone go back to bed. Mumbo, try to get some sleep."

Dead Reader,

It's another short one, but thats okay. From experience, burn marks, if they aren't super bad, scar a light pinky purple color and the skin is a bit rougher to touch. If you wanted to visualize what Mumbo probably looks like right now that will help.

With warm regards,

Star (She/They)