Chapter Five: A Normal Day In Bonesborough

Day 3 in the Boiling Isles, the humans, despite being stranded in this world for two days, now going on three, were intrigued and excited by this opportunity, now knowing the truth of one Luz Noceda and her adventures here, the humans, mainly the students of Gravesfield High were excited and/or curious of what this realm has to offer.

Luz comes by Blight Manor to greet her fellow humans and inform them of what today's itinerary is, Ok, now that everyone is here and ready, we'll start with what toady holds. And what would that be, the students ask in unison. Well, conveniently, there is a market day and carnival in Bonesborough today, so I thought what better way to take your minds off being trapped here with a day at the market and carnival, Luz said. The humans were intrigued that this realm does have some similarities to their, but since its the Demon Realm, they figured that it may be way different than they envision.

So how are we all going to get to the market, one of the students asked. Luz respond with, Way ahead of you, Ok, Steve, Severance, you can bring them down now. Luz tells the humans to look up, they now see that two airships are landing not too far away from Blight Manor. That's how, Luz said. Luz and the Humans made their way to the airships, they split into two groups with half going in the airship piloted by Steve and the other half in the airship piloted by Severance.

Luz and Camila were together in one airship, Vee and her friends were in the other airship, the students and Hal were split randomly between the two airships, Hal was with Vee and friends, alongside some students, the mean girls (Amber, Bethany and Wynter) were on the same airship Luz and Camila is on, the other lot of students were also on this airship as well. The airships took off and were now airborne.

The airships were now enroute to the Bonesborough Carnival/Market Day, the humans were in awe of the landscape that was the Boiling Isles, it felt so grotesque yet it felt familiar somehow, they didn't think too much into it, they just took in the view, some of them were snapping pictures, Luz took noticed and told them, If your thinking of posting them on Social Media, don't bother, since there is no portal in use connecting to the human realm, there is no Internet here, Luz mentioned. 

The students were disappointed by that, it did also bring up the concern that was how are they going to contact their loved ones back home and tell them that they are all okay. Luz assured them that their might be a way to contact them, but it was a risky solution (Not a portal back home, that is). While the students are gazing over the Isles, Camila talks with her daughter, nothing serious, just asking about her life here, Post Day of Unity.

So, Mija, What is your job here?, Camila said. Luz responded with Well, I am apart of the B.I.G. BIG?, what does that stand for? Camila asks. Oh, it stands for the Boiling Isles Government, Luz responds. Camila was kinda shocked that Luz's job here was a government figure. Could you elaborate a bit more on that Mija, Camila asked. Luz was delighted to elaborate, So you know how the Boiling Isles was formerly ruled by Belos/Phillip, Camila nodded in agreement, Well after the Day of Unity, the residents wanted to know, who will lead them from there, Me knowing that having someone like Belos rule would cause chaos, so I introduced the Boiling Isles to Democracy, I gave them a simplified version of what that is, and they were open to operating under that system with a panel of individuals, but the question remained who fills that panel. 

Camila was now engrossed by her daughter's journey, she continued by asking the question, who was in this "panel", Luz responds with, Well , the panel is comprised of 13 members and for the first couple of years, the previous coven heads, Eda, Lilith, Hunter and Alador made up that panel, some of them already had successors in mind, but they would have to be of age to assume a position on the B.I.G. The new panel formed about two years ago. Camila did ask who is the current panel comprised of, she knew Luz was one of them, but wanted to know the rest. Luz answers her question, Actually, you've already met some of them, my friends are also part of the B.I.G. Eda and Raine are also still members, but it varies on who goes to the meetings, but its been mostly Raine.