Chapter Eight: Confessions of a Human Witch

Day 6 in the Boiling Isles

Day Six came round in the Boiling Isles, Luz's past life collides with her new life her in the Isles, what's new, well today, Luz didn't have much planned with the humans, the students were off at Hexside, Hal decided to stay in the castle, again, all he wanted was to leave this world, but who knows how long that will take?

Camila, surprisingly is getting to know her daughter-in-law and her family today, Luz was ok with it, but Luz didn't know what to do today; Willow and Gus were busy with Hexside stuff, Hunter was busy on a case. Luz thought what about her other peers like Skara and Viney, but they were also busy with stuff.

Luz didn't have any work to do for Amity or the B.I.G, so she had a free day, she did think about spending the day with the two people that took her in this world and grew closer to; her surrogate/adoptive Mother, Edalyn Clawthorne and adopted brother, King Clawthorne. She did call Eda, hoping that she was free, luckily for Luz, Eda was open to the idea and would bring King over once she done a few errands with Raine.

Some Time Later.........

Eda and King arrive to spend the day with Luz, just like the old days, right? 

The only difference now is that Eda is no longer a con artist and King isn't going around parading thinking he is the King of Demons (before the events of Echoes of the Past and Edge of the World). Time does a number on people, they learn, they grow, to become better versions of themselves. Eda and King may feel that way, but does Luz, is the question, sure it took some time for Luz to explain her life prior to the Boiling Isles to Eda, Hooty, King and Lilith for some reason, they were shocked at first, but assured Luz that she has people who care for her here, in the Boiling Isles, but there was one thing she wanted to get off her chest, but couldn't, something only her and Hunter know. 

*(Insert crucial scene from Hollow Mind about who Belos truly is)*

Sure Luz tried to put her mind onto today's activities, but that moment all those years ago still haunt her to this day, she knows what she did to save the Boiling Isles, but still thinks that the DOU wouldn't have happened if she didn't help "Phillip". She tried to put on a mask to hide her true feelings, but Eda did catch on, but she didn't want bring it up, she insisted to herself to keep doing fun activities to keep Luz's mind off whatever she was thinking.

For the most part, it was working, but not for long, soon enough the guilt was overcoming Luz, even after playing a big role in saving the Isles and helping to improve upon it, it was a convenient scapegoat for Luz, to forget her traumatic past and her biggest mistake, helping Belos/Phillip during her Time Travel adventure with Lilith. Eda still insisted on doing the same thing but as Luz's Brother, King wanted to know what was wrong with his big sis, after a debate, King was able to convince Eda to confront Luz about her "recent change of behavior".

Eda, King brought Luz to a secluded part of the forest to finally talk to her, they were worried about Luz, they wanted answers, but Luz tried to shrug it off, but Luz knew that Eda and King genuinely care for her wellbeing and want what's best for her and she can trust them, but if Luz confesses, could that all change? Luz took a deep breath and took a leap of faith and finally told Eda and King what's been bugging her lately.

What Luz didn't know was that Eda and King had her friends, wife and children on standby, overhearing what was about to be said without her knowing that they were there.

Well, its very hard to describe, but....... I sorta help Belos with "his plans", Luz confessed.

Helped how, exactly? Eda and King asked in unison.

Do you remember how Lilith and I went to meet Phillip Wittabane by using time pools to travel back to the "Savage Ages", Luz responded.

Yes, both Clawthornes answered.

Well, as it turns out, Phillip and Belos were one of the same, they were both the same person, and my naïve, unknowing self may have helped him a bit, Luz responded.

Eda and King were taken by surprise by the revelation that their once former "emperor" wasn't even native to this world and somehow was able to make his way to the top. But the first thing they did was comfort Luz, knowing very well that she blames herself for what Belos did, but King and Eda assure Luz that it wasn't her fault.

Luz, its not your fault, you didn't know that at the time, you shouldn't beat yourself up for that, and besides, what you did for this world far exceeds unknowingly helping Phillip, Eda said.

Once Luz gets ahold of her self she thanks Eda and King for still accepting her, even after what she just confessed. King did have one question; When did you find out about all this and put two and two together.

Luz does respond with the night she and Hunter were accidently teleported into Belos' Mind. Eda then responds with; so Goldie also knows then, Eda said. Yeah, he does, and I told him not to tell anyone until the time was right, Luz replied.

Meanwhile the rest of the Hexsquad and Noceda-Blights were tuning in behind some bushes to the Owl Gangs conversation, once it got to the Hunter part, Hunter received some stares from his wife, Willow, alongside Amity and Gus, all were whispering as to why Hunter didn't say anything about, Hunter said Luz told him not to, til the time was right. But their "whispering" failed them and Luz had outed them.

How much of that did you hear? Luz asked.

All of it, Amity replied.

Eda told us to come, but not reveal ourselves, Willow said.

Ah, well, it does kill two birds with one stone, by revealing that, Luz said.

The witches were confused by that. Oh right, human slang, still haven't taught you all of them, right, Luz said. 

Right so, what now, Luz asked. 

Maybe while we are all here, you did promise us to talk about your past in the human realm, Amity said.

Oh right, Luz said in a concerning tone. Well I did tell Eda and King already about, so, they don't have to be here.

Eda and King nodded in agreement and soon decided to leave to allow Luz to have full closure with her past. Eda goes harpy mode and carries King with her and flies off somewhere. 

So, I guess its time for you to know who I really am, and I do caution that you might feel a lot of rage and  might feel sorry for me, Luz said.

Was the warning necessary, Hunter replied.

Absolutely, Luz responded.

Right, It all began when I was.......

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter, I was busy with Work and Online Courses, also I couldn't think of a good filler chapter, so I decided to add in Luz admitting her "assistance" with Philip/Belos and thinking she was to blame for the DOU. I couldn't really add filler in between, so I decided to jump straight to the point, so that explains the very short chapter. 

The next chapter will be a prequel explaining Luz's life in the Human Realm prior to the events of the first episode, so expect a lot of Trauma, PTSD and Emotional Damage. One that could rival or even surpass Hunter's level of Trauma and Emotional Damage. 

So....you have been warned for what's to come.