The truth

This is a warning that this book does contain mentions of abuse. If you do not feel comfortable reading about it you can continue to read on.

"The Angelos?" Ashton yelled. "They're involved in this too?" he added.
"Were involved, they're dead now." Chris said calmly as if it was a normal occurrence.

It wasn't.

Horror, pure horror was all I felt. "D-dad killed them?" I said surprised at how shaky my voice sounded. "Yes, he did" said Lena looking ashamed.

I remembered the boy I was introduced to years back. I have no idea how I remembered it, but somehow I did. He had dark black hair and chestnut brown eyes. I remember how he looked at me innocently and told me his name before being dragged out by his mother. I felt a tear drip down on to my cheek which I quickly wiped away.

"You are starting the school tomorrow" Chris said with a strict tone.

"WHAT!" we all said at the same time.

"There is no way you're going to take us to that school" shouted Aidan in complete anger.

"You are going and you are staying there end of discussion." said Chris looking a bit too confident in himself might I add.

"YOU CAN'T JUST SEND US TO A WORLD WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT" I yelled in protest.

"There is nothing more to say, we have purchased your rooms and you will stay there and will not be coming back until you are told to...understood? Chris said not able to hide how angry he was getting. We all stayed silent. "Did you not hear me or have you lost the ability to hear. I said DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" he roared.

"Understood" we all said. Greyson didn't say a word, he just rolled his eyes and left the room leaving us all in silence and shock.
I caught a glimpse of Lena who was now stood up with her head down, but I could see the tears forming in her eyes. I didn't feel like wasting my time with them so I just ran up to my room. I sat on the corner of my bed trying to process all the information I had just received. The door then swung open and Claire came in, a concerned look on her face. "I guess we have to pack then...for tomorrow" she finally said. I didn't respond I just got up from the bed and started shoving things into my suitcase.

"Rose? Rose you're going to have to talk to me sooner or later".

"Why?" I said "Why are we doing this Claire? Why are we listening to Chris he is just like our father." I was screaming now.

"Rose listen I know this it hard but we were trained for this our whole lives, I know how you must feel I hate him too. Maybe this is for the better." she said almost in a whisper.

"I know, I'm sorry for yelling at you I just can't contain my anger sometimes" I said feeling a bit guilty. She pulled me into a hug and we both sat down at the edge of my bed. Claire was like my best friend I trusted her with my life. I do really love her a lot. Claire really reminds me of our mother. She looks almost exactly like her and is caring and honest but can also be feisty if you get her to that point. She is beautiful like our mother too. "Ok then I'll leave you to pack, see you tomorrow" she said before leaving my room. I stuffed the remainder of my clothes into my suitcase and put in my journal. "Finally" I sighed and jumped into my bed and fell asleep almost right away.

"No dad stop, please it hurts it hurts so bad" I knew I made a mistake I shouldn't have gone, I shouldn't have broken the rules. He looked at me disappointed. "It's ok, I'll just have to teach you a lesson and hopefully it will never happen again" he took out his whip that he was holding behind his back and walked over to me forcing me to walk backwards until I hit the wall. He gave me an evil smirk and whilst holding the whip in his left hand. He stopped when he was right in front of me. "I know what you did, and it will never happen again. You will forget." He whispered into my ear before taking the whip and slashing it hard against the side of my hip leaving a mark. "STOP" I screamed. "STOP IT PLEASE" I cried. "It is for your own good, daughter".