Chapter 4: Recovery Month

*Boys pov*

I still dont understand why my little sister insisted on keeping this creature in this house. Since I'm immortal my injuries healed completely in under 24 hours but the same couldnt be said about the creature in the basement. My sister has been tending to their wounds. Well i should say her wounds I guess. Actually now that I think of it I walk out of the kitchen and sit next to her. "Sooo... How do you know they're a girl?" She giggled saying her usual "I just can" phrase. Shrugging I look back at the TV. Honestly these sports kinda seemed boring to me but hey its something to watch. I see her get up from the couch and walk towards the door in the kitchen so I quickly got up to follow her to the basement. "So what is it called again?" She looked back at me as if to say 'really?'. "Shes a synx. Even though the media thinks she's nothing but a vile monster im sure I can prove that statement wrong." Of course I had my doubts but still went along with it. Its been a month now since the break in and the Synx stayed in her original spot still laying there but watching us carefully. "I still haven't heard you speak yet. Do you even talk?" As per usual i didnt get my question answered as she growled and looked away. My sister walked towards her and manifested some medical supplies next to her and started to steralize the wound on her shoulder. "You know, this would have healed up faster if you didnt make it worse." I knew she was aiming that at me and I was about to say something but then again I was the one who attacked first so... "Yeah yeah" was all i could say as I rubbed the back of my neck. It seemed she was done as she turned around and I was about to do the same but both of our attention trailed back to the beast that was as big as us getting shrouded by darkness as it shrunk alot. It suddenly disapated revealing a smaller form now looking more human except for the tail and small ears. Me and my sister looked towards each other, she looked just as bewildered as I was. I looked back and not gonna lie...she was kinda cute with her tank top and sweat pants. Wait HELLO why am I thinking that?! "How long are you gonna keep me for?" A smile appeared on my sisters face, "ah so you can speak." She looked to her. "Only in this form. Now what about my question." My sister rolled her eyes but still kept the smile. " just until you fully heal. And possibly get you to stop eating kids while we're at it." The Synx slowly stood up wincing in pain a little. Now seeing her like this now i do feel a little bad for her. " sounds nice and all but kids are small yet big enough to satisfy me. Dont get me wrong the steaks you brought down were good but its simply not what im used to. Real question is whats a good replacement for it? I dont like the iron taste of blood but that's how I was raised on my planet." An idea popped into my head as I thought of the farm close to us owned by a particular scare crow (if you know you know ;3) "well theres the farm next to us that has all kinds of animals like chicken, cattle, all that with a big corn field." I thought my sister would shoot me down but she actually smiled nodding her head. "That seems like a good idea although dont try to go over board by eating everything there." The little Synx thought for a moment before shrugging. "Meh alright then. I-" "-Woah you have a different form?! Cool!" All of our eyes averted to the stairs seeing little keith running down. I wanted to prevent him from going to her but couldnt grab him due to my sister being in the way and before I knew it there he was, directly up to her playing with the synx's tail. The synx seemed just as shocked and uncomfortable. "Oooo your tails like a pillow! Oooo can I pet the fluffy ears?!" He tried to jump up and much to our surprise she backed up. It seemed she couldn't believe what she was hearing and honestly it was amusing to watch. "No.. Wha...your supposed to be scared of me damn it! I can literally devour you whole! I am a parasite of mass destruction! I can-!" Keith jumped on her tail riding it like one of those metallic bulls as she tried her best to shake him off. At this point we both couldnt contain it anymore and we started to laugh about it. Seeing keith laugh was always a joy to see. I could tell she was getting anoyed though so I walked up and picked keith up to hoist him over my shoulder. The smile never faded from his face. "By the way my names Keith whats yours?" Brushing off her tail the Synx looked at keith, then at me. "I guess I never really did introduce myself huh? Well its (y/n)." (Y/n) huh? Alright at least we have a name now. "Well im Zane." I saw my sister bow holding her dress. "And my names Grace. Nice to properly meet you"