Chapter 6: Stupidity

(Ok so i had a conversation with my friend today and it was so stupid...well I was stupid and it inspired me too write this so yeah.)

(Your p.o.v)

Grace has asked me too help her cook some breakfast for keith today and honestly I know about different foods, but since I dont cook often my knowledge isn't the best. On the counter there were some dairy products in order. For some reason instead of watching the tv Zane sits on his knees on the couch. His arms crossed over the top just starring at us. Grace paid no mind but I still kept an eye on him to see if he was planning something. When he saw my glance Zane tilted his head and seamed to grin bigger some how. "Alrighty I'll fry the eggs and you can pour him a cup of milk." I did what Grace said then I put the milk back. To my surprise it was done quickly and she slapped some cheese on it. I would have thought it would have been an egg an cheese sandwhich but she didn't use the bread. Grace puts the plate and glass on the island and yells for keith to come down and eat. Hearing little feet running down the stairs and a happy blue haired boy comes into veiw. Instead of eating in the kitchen though he takes the plate and cup after saying thanks, and carried it towards the couch. A weird thought couldnt escape my head though. One of those thoughts you kinda feel the need to say out loud. "I find it weird how breakfast is just dairy." Zane raised his eyebrows and looked shocked at first but he then had a look of amusement. Graces head slowly turns towards me with a face that can only be read as 'what the fuck did you say?' Hands on her hips was never a good sign. "What?" She shook her head, "you cant be serious right?" I raised an eyebrow, "umm yeah why?" Grace gives a tired sigh as she looks towards her brother only to see his arms up as if saying 'im not gonna insert myself here.' She looks back towards me, "eggs aren't dairy." I narrow my eyes. "Of course it is. People have dairy for breakfast there for its dairy." She shakes her head. "Ok so what are chickens?"- "poultry." She clasped her hands together and smiled, "good so that means eggs aaarreee...." She leaned closser wanting an answer as I blantly said dairy again. This time I heard a stifled chuckle from Zane. Grace rubbed her face, "no. Its poultry. Only things that include milk are dairy (y/n)." I tilted me head now getting slightly disrespected. "I get milk is dairy but egg is dairy too." I could tell she wanted to say something but she stopped herself and took her phone from the pocket in her dress. I didnt know that existed. After typing she read aloud what was on the screen. "contrary to these common misconceptions, eggs are NOT a dairy product." She even turned her phone for me too see. And ill be honest.....it hurts to be wrong. Now I was pissed at her phone but kept most of my anger conceled. "I dont even know what to say anymore except for i hate it." Zane fully sat down on the couch now next to keith. "Many people dont like to be wrong but all people at least get 1 thing wrong so its not a big deal." I get a little hint of releif knowing that Zane isnt that strict like his sister. After that no one spoke really. Just enjoying the rest of the day as you left to that little farm. Once you have done what was needed you went back and saw keith sleeping on Zane's lap.  He seemed to be past out as well. Head back with slight drool hanging from his mouth. Christ how long was i gone for? Grace was in the backyard watering the plants as the sun set. So my plan was too take a nap. But instead of the bed I chose another spot. On the chair next to the couch. Of course I turned off the TV first before shutting my eyes.