Chapter 10: Past Advice

(Another pic made by sock)

Through out these past days you notice how you have been sleeping through most of them. You would feel bad about it but you loved to doze off into slumber. Another thing that's been on your mind lately has been something you haven't done in a while. Relationships. Now that you know Zane has got a thing for you or at LEAST finds you attractive in some way theres a possible chance there. (Now im gonna base the past of the main character on what i went through in the past cause its the only relationship experience i have) Nervousness overcame you a bit at even the thought of it because of those damned memories. Your last 2 relationships have been awful. The first guy wanting it too much while hitting you with his fists or his hammer if he didnt get his way. The 2nd seemed to be the one since it lasted for 3 years only to receive no physical affection at all. No cuddles, kisses nothing. Just for him to bail after mentioning kids. After all that trusting guys relationship wise has been a little bit of a struggle. But you knew you couldn't sulk forever. You had to ask him eventually. Altho being blunt wouldnt be good. Just go smooth with it. Ease into the questions to not make it obvious. Opening your bedroom door, walking down the stairs was your intention but you saw keiths door was opened. Taking a peak you see Zane looking at some old picture frames on the nightstand. He seemed to have noticed you walk in but instead of the smile he seemed sad. He scooted over on the bed and patted the empty seat next to him. Taking the hint you sit next to him. "What's wrong?" Zane scratched the back of his head, "Look I...just wanted to say sorry for...well yesterday. I probably shouldnt have forced it." Now that you thought about it you dont know much about him so jumping in wouldn't make alot of sense. "Now look its not like i didnt enjoy it, but yeah maybe it was a bit rushed. Now that im here though I do have some questions for you." That seemed to make him feel a bit better since his smile slowly came back. For what felt like an hour you both chat about the past. Turns out Zane is..a god? I guess? Well created by a god to play a role much like his sister. That explains his transforming powers. Unlike you though he lives practically forever, not even needing to eat. Somehow somewhere you manage to slip in some questions regarding relationships and surprisenly enough he hasnt been in a single relationship. "Honestly I kinda view it as a waist of time in a sense." Laying on your back you turn to look at him. "How so?" Zane sighs as he lays down with you. "Well whats the point when they will just die before me?" As a frown makes its way on your face he turns and looks at you. "Im assuming you dont feel the same way?" You shake your head. "Well the reason as to why they exist is to find someone who will be a bonus to ones life. Someone who would make them feel happy. And altho its not for everyone, sex can also be the key to a happy relationship as well. Its like the ultimate form of trust. One trusts their body with their partner and the partner trusts them with theirs. Relationships in general are a beautiful thing since we only have so much time here until its all gone." You looked over only to see Zane's eyes clossed. "So you have experience with this feeling?" You sighed, "not exactly..." Now looking at you he raised an eyebrow.

(*After explaining the past*)

Zane rubs his face in disbelief. "Why would you even get yourself into that?" You sat up with a serious look. "Because when your young, gullible, and peer pressured into it you feel as if you dont have a choice.  Its not easy to get away from an abuser who manipulates you into thinking your family are the crazy ones for wanting to protect you. Its not easy to sit for years waiting for something as simple as a hug to never come. People at school laughed at me for being lonely, for having no one. Only to end up falling for a pedos tricks. With the other guy I mentally broke off from him within a year cause my mind was telling me too stop but i stayed waiting for some kind of affection that wasnt there. Its easy to slip into stuff and its hard to get back out." Zane sits up as well now with a sorrowful yet thoughtful expression. "So it is more complicated than I thought. Im sorry you had to go through that." You gave a half assed chuckle "you dont need to be sorry. Its not your fault." He fully stands up now looking down at you. "Then why do I feel like it is?" Standing up too you walk towards the door, "Well like you said, feelings are complicated. No one else can tell you how you truely feel except yourself." You tried opening the door but you smack into someone. Hearing an audible "ow" was all you needed to know that it was Grace. " were you ease dropping?" She huffed with her hands on her hips. "Nooo...of course not!"

(My god this chapter was longer than expected. I didnt know how to get Zane to actually say yes to a relationship cause I still wanna stay as true to his character as I can. To shorten things up lets say that now at least hes thinking of the chances on how relationships can go and is now considering it to a degree. I am running on low brian power, 0 ideas and inspiration and being sleep deprived so yeah. Im gonna need help with the 2nd chapter cause Idk how to move on from that.)