Chapter 11: A Warning

After your long conversation with Zane you decided to hang out in Keith's bedroom for a bit to just stare at the ceiling till night fall. Zane and Grace were no where to be seen or heard as the bedroom door was fully clossed now. All of a sudden 1 corner near the ceiling got particularly dark. You recognized this as it was him. He was almost like a friend...well frienemy? A friend who will kinda poke fun at you or mock you even when you heard enough type of friend. "Hello again (y/n), been a while." The glowing red eyes and Lemon shaped head poked into view as he scaled down the wall and next to your head, holding that same odd grin. "Sup, I didn't think there was an end to your body." He tilted his head while his 8 limbs made him comfortable leaning against the bed. "Im not an endless centipede although I love to convince the younger generation other wise." As he chuckled at his own comment you fully sat up and turned to face him. "So why are you here exactly?" You have only seen this demon 6 times and everytime he would have a reason, either to harass you or ask of any locations of children you have seen. "Can't I visit an old friend? Just came to say hello and...well... To tell you what I saw." Even with the grin plastered onto his face you could tell he wasnt exactly smiling anymore. His grin slightly drooped as he look away. Raising your eyebrow at him you waited for what he sould say next. This was certainly new of him. "I saw another one...another one of your kind walking in this general direction." Caught by surprise and shock your eyes widened and suddenly panic ensued in your heart. Within the human form we can reproduced sexually if we wanted but theres another way. By cannibalizing your own kind. A sudden weight layed itself on your shoulders and just the thought of having to fight for your life cause a synx would rather kill than find love. "Well...maybe itll be a misunderstanding...maybe they will look for a kid only to not find one and leave?.." The Demon infront of you squinted his eyes and slowly shook his head. "You know better than that (y/n)." You gave a heavy sigh which didnt help at all. One of the demons hands touched your shoulder. Besides the siblings in the house and Keith, the demon has been on your side for the longest time. Maybe because he was a monster too and embraced it. But he has his moments where hes like an emotional support demon. "Its gonna happen either today or..." He paused as he looked at the clock saying midnight. "Ok well... It'll be today but all im saying is that its good to hope for the best but you must prepare for the worst." The door behind you creaked ever so slightly, just enough to catch the attention of both of you. "I'll keep that in mind." You waved your hand to dismiss the demon as he quickly crawled back up too the corner to disappear. Now fully turning around you see both of the siblings heads poke out. Grace held a look of annoyance as if she felt betrayed for whatever reason while Zane on the other hand looked worried. Now knowing they have been caught they walked into the room. With hands on her hips Grace was the first to speak. "So what you see him as a friend?! Why didnt you fight him?! Now he will think he can come back! And whats this talk about you preparing for something?!" With an almost blank expression you stood up as they waited for your response. "First of all he's more of an acquaintance than anything. Second....I never told you what could happen if i met another of my species have I?"

(Been a bit since I wrote. I know someone requested me to write about a battle against the demon but since the main character and the demon are seen as monsters i figured this would make more sense. Dont worry though. A fight will be coming. Just gotta think of how to write it out.)