Chapter 5: Poor Balance

(Another pic made by me :) this was the first request for a new chapter. I hope it well be good.)

Since the recovery and introduction its been a week now and you have mostly gotten over your hunger for the child. Mainly sustaining off of the farm, sometimes without that pumpkin headed guy knowing. It hasn't been long but it seems that Zane is more of the rough house/daring type of guy while his sister Grace is more on the quiet and calm side. Honestly you already had a hunch on their personalities even when you first met them so it wasnt that much of a surprise. Speaking of personalities it seemed that the little one Keith is like a miniture Zane due to how hyper he is. Grace was elsewhere as you and Zane were on the couch just staring at the TV when all of a sudden Keith hoped on the coffee table in front of you. " Idea! You go on him and I go on you!" He pointed at you and then at the body next to you. You and Zane looked at each other obviously confused. Zane asked before you could, "what do you mean?" Keith crossed his arms, "piggy back ride duh! I wanna pyramid!" Surprised by this idiotic thought you couldnt help but think of all the things that could go wrong. Like what if he fell or you, or both? Things could get knocked over. "Keith someone could get hurt. Not too mention that's kinda strange." You tried to talk him out of it but he said the ultimate words that seemed to take a huge effect on Zane..."I DARE you!" Grace told you about this. You knew it was gonna happen now. With a groan you get up preparing for the worst as Zane stands with a smile on his face. That god damn smile. Why was it hot...WHAT! Who said that ¬_¬ anyways. You suspected Zane would kneel down for you but instead he did the unthinkable and picked you up and plopped you onto his shoulders. "Huh, so this is what its like being tall?" The boy under your couldnt help but give you a side glance, smile never leaving his face. Your attention soon drifted behind you as you felt tiny hands climb up your tail and onto your shoulders. "IM THE KING OF THE WORLD! THOSE UNDER ME SHALL PERISH BEFORE MY RAPPING SKILLS!" He proceeded to sing some notes randomly which not gonna lie you found a bit funny. It was even enough to crack a smile on your face. And to think at one point you were about to eat him. "Joy ride time." You were about to question him but didnt have time. Clinging onto Zane's head was the only thing you could do as he began to jog around the house. Keith cheering on as you begged him to stop. At some point you saw Grace from the corner of your eye. You didnt get a good look on her face but she sounded upset. " I turned my back for ONE second and THIS is what happens?! Really!? Boy stop and get down from there you're- " *SMACK* Zane's, and your head smacked into the fridge but keith was behind your head still fine somehow. "- gonna get hurt..." Grace rubs her temple as Zane leans down to let you go. The smile now gone. Some how that made you more sad than your face hurting. Keith either didnt mind or his brain was off in advantager land as he ran off upstairs giggling. You didnt want Zane to get most of the blame for this even though it was his idea to run. "It was Keith's idea from the start....how ever I was the one to suggest speed so..." Zane looked at you bewildered, he froze from rubbing his head. Grace once again had her hands on her hips holding that sass, "I can forgive Keith sometimes but at least dont run in the house." She walked off towards the kitchen, most likely to make herself a cup of coffee. You turned to your right to see the boy with a smirk on his face and a raised eyebrow. "You didnt have to do that but...thanks." Complements and thank yous wasnt something you heard often directed at you. So not knowing how to really react you shrugged and kinda gave a halfed assed smile. "Yeah well, theres nothing wrong with a white lie right?" As he got up he ruffled your hair with his left hand, oddly lingering for a bit before he walked away chuckling. Now with semi messy hair you were left alone in the kitchen not knowing what to do. So you did the only thing you could and went to take a nap on the couch.