First chapter

Third person pov
*beep* *beep* *beep* peter sighed rolling over to turn off his alarm on his phone. He had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep last night because of a bank robbery that had happened last night on patrol.

He got dressed in black jeans, graphic shirt, and a green zip up sweater, packed his bag making sure his suit was at the bottom of his bag so no one found it, brushed his teeth, and went to go wake up all the other kids at the orphanage. Lily was one year older than Peter (sorry forgot to add Peters 14) making her the oldest there and Peter the second oldest. Lily always woke up the little kids while Peter went to go wake up the preteens.

When everyone was up he went down stairs and grabbed some eggs from the fridge, there was only 16 eggs left in the 18 pack and there were 20 kids... Peter struggled to think on what to do with more kids than eggs. He decided to make combine all the 16 eggs together and make scrambled eggs and separate it equally while Peter and Lily would just have some toast again. Peter was lucky that he didn't have to cook for Mrs. and Mr. Brendel, Mr. Brendel was still at his late shift at the hospital as a radiologist, whilest Mrs. Brendel was still sleeping but soon had to get up for social services to see how everything is. They always past the interrogation or whatever but social services didn't know about the abuse

"Petey!" Henry said as his small body hugged Peters leg. "Hey buddy! How did you sleep?" Peter asked with an exited smile at Henry who was now packing his book bag for school. "I slept okay I guess but I had another bad dream about my mommy" "oh I'm sorry buddy, just remember that your mommy is never going to hurt you again and she is Farrrr away from you" Peter said while exaggerating the R in far. Henry had came here when he was 5, his mother was a drug addict and abusive to Henry and his father. Henry was now 8 and had a lot of PTSD from his mom.

Peter finished the eggs and split them into 20ths making them as equal as possible for everyone to have the same nutrients. He set all the plates on the table and called everyone down for breakfast. Lily came down holding the youngest child there who was only 3 years old, she was put up for adoption after her mother died from child birth and her father couldn't bare to look at the "monster" who killed the love of his life. Lily put Willow down and grabbed 4 pieces of toast from the fridge for her and Peter. She toasted them and looked at the clock gathering all the empty plates and Peter rushing them all out the door so they wouldn't miss their busses... again. Mr. Brendel wouldn't be too happy when he found out.

Mr. And Mrs. Brendel were the owners of the Orphanage, they were not the best people they would beat and hit the kids but Peter and Lily tried their best to take the hits for the other kids but sometimes it just didn't work. Peter then walked out the door and said bye to Lily as they parted ways. Lily went to Queens high school while Peter went to Midtown Tech.

Peters POV
I rushed quickly out the door holding the 2 pieces of toast in my hands and said by to Lily as we parted our different ways. It was only 7:52 and school started at 9 and the subway came at 8:10 so he had plenty of time to get to the subway. I took a little bite out of the toast and immediately felt guilty
Why am I eating I don't need any food
I should've gave it to one of the kids they need it more
I'm fat enough
"No stop I need to eat" he said to the negative voice in his head. He named the negative voice in his head Clyde because he didn't like that name.

I needed to eat cause I haven't eaten in nearly 3 days but I just couldn't. I saw some pigeons on the sidewalk so I decided to give them some of my toast, then when I got to the subway stairs I saw a homeless old man and decided to give him the other piece of toast. He needed it more anyways. I was Texting the group chat with Ned and Mj while waiting for the subway

The losers
Ned
Peter did you do the homework last night I
May have forgotten to do it...

Mj
We had homework?

Peter
Ya dude I did it I'll let you copy it in hr
And ya Mj we had homework from science about mitosis and meiosis

Mj
Oh-
Well I didn't do that

I put my phone away when I saw the subway lights down the tracks come into view.
Just jump no one will miss you anyways
Ned and Mj just pity you they don't actually like you
Hurry idiot the train is coming jump!
"No" Is all I could say to Clyde. I was so weak I couldn't even jump infront of a train. The train came to a stop and the doors opened, I walked in and stood next to this man that looked like a Russian spy from France with that beard and stand. I moved a little bit away from him and went back into my phone to play some music in my AirPods that someone gifted me after I saved their life's from a mugger.

The subway came to a stop and I stepped off running to the bus stop almost missing the bus. I got on the bus and sat next to Ned. "Dude you gotta come over to my house tonight I got the new west Star Wars Lego set!!" Ned said in the most exiting voice ever "Dude!" "Dude" "Dude!" "Dude" they kept on saying dude back to each other so exited to build the new Lego set. "Ya sure I'll come over after my shift at the Cafe" "yess!" I went onto my phone to text MSB (Mrs. Brendel I'm too lazy to keep writing it out) I decided to text her instead of MB cause he would've cussed me out over text while MSB would've just said be back before a certain time or your sleeping in the closet.

(A/n this was the first chapter! I hope you liked it I tried. Remember you are loved and stay strong, people love you and care for you even if it doesn't seem like that.

Remember to eat today and drink water to stay hydrated💕✨

If you ever need to talk to someone feel free to message me on wattpad or text me at (850) 490-7569.
If you ever feel the need to unalive your self and you fell like no hope is left plz reach out to 988 in America
211 in Canada I'm pretty sure
Feeling the urge to self harm please send a message to the sh crisis hotline 741741
And if no other options please call 911!
Stay strong lovelies <3
Wrote 12th june 2022
1235 words