Order # 5 - Hold me tight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POV - Y/N

I sat with the red eyed doctor in the staff room, we were talking about his job and a few of the strange interactions he's had.
Eventually it was 3pm and the storm calmed, school would be out soon for Micheal and I would need to pick him up.
"Oh, it's almost 3:15! I have to go get my brother!" I said standing up and taking my keys out of my pocket.
"Yah, you just reminded me, I have to pick up my uh, cousin!" Devin stated.
"Cousin? I thought you were picking up your niece?" I asked confused.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POV - Devin

"Cousin? I thought you were picking up your niece?" They asked with a confused expression.
'Oh shit'
"Y-Yah! I have to pick up my cousin too! I have a 9 year old niece and a teenage cousin, I have to pick up my cousin later after her um- dance practice?"

"Dance practice? ____ high has a dance team? I thought they only did cheer?" Y/N looked at me like I had three eyes.

"Eh- dance, cheer, same thing!" I replied,
"Anyways I should be picking up my niece soon though-, uh you coming?" I asked trying to change the subject a bit,

'Wait why did I ask if they were gonna walk with me?! I could've been able to pick sally up and leave in peace but no I had to put myself into another annoying situation!'

"Uh sure! I need to pick up my brother from there as well!" Y/N said happily.

After they locked the door to the staff room, we exited the cafe, we walked down the road towards the elementary school, a long line of cars wrapped around the snow covered block waiting for them to start dismissing kids.

"Alright so we have to go around here because only car riders are picked up from this side" They stated.
We began walking on a sidewalk that hugged around the back of the school.

"Oh Crap!"

They exclaimed when they took a step and slipped on the ice covered cement.
I grabbed their arm and hoisted them up before they could hit the ground.

"Yah looks like they didn't salt this sidewalk" I said still holding onto their arm.
Once Y/N snapped out of the shock they were in, they let go.

"Sorry" they said, it was obvious they were embarrassed by the situation.
"It's fine. They should have salted this sidewalk before the storm, but even if they did I doubt it wouldn't have frozen regardless" I said grabbing onto their arm and leading them towards the snow covered grass.
I lead them through until we reached the front entrance then we waited for a while for one of the teachers to come out and ask for the names.
"Micheal L/N" Y/N told them
"Sally Williams" I stated still holding onto Y/N's arm.
"Alright, Micheal L/N and Sally Williams!" The teacher shouted toward the group of kids, Sally walked out with a little boy around her age, presumably Micheal, and she was holding something in her hand?

"Look Smiley! My new friend gave me cookies!" Sally exclaimed.
"That's great Sally!" I said trying to be enthusiastic.
In reality I just wanted to get back to the mansion get done with the meeting then go help Doctor Pain with his "patients".

"Y/N! Sally liked the muffin!" Micheal said jumping and almost slipping on the ice.

"JAamEs, we really gotta salt the sidewalks" a teacher yelled from inside the school, we all chuckled.

"I'm glad she did Micheal" Y/N responded to their brother after grabbing his arm. She then turned to Sally.
"If you ever want muffins or cookies they're on the house" They said.
"Really?! Thank you! They're amazing!!! Well I didn't try the cookies yet but I bet they're awesome!"
Sally responded gripping the the bag that I just realized she was holding.
"Well we better get going home sally, your father is waiting for us." I said letting go of Y/N's arm and  grabbing her arm instead.   'I didn't realize that I was holding their hand the entire time?!' I turned around and blushed a little embarrassed, after walking around 20 steps I quickly fixed my face and turned around and waved to Sally's new friend and my new..? Victim? Their sister was my victim but I just lost interest in her.
But they'd be a great proxy or at least helper...

I think I'm going to keep an eye on you for a long time Y/N...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POV - Y/N

After Devin left I felt a bit weird, I only realized that we had been in each others arms for so long when he let go, We only met recently and I already got so used to his presence. I hope we can be good friends, he seems nice.
"Y/N can I have hot chocolate today?" Micheal asked snapping me out of my trance.
"Sure!" I said before grabbing onto his hand and walking towards my cafe.
'I hope I see him again soon...'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehehhhehehe Y/n.... You little simp.