Cactus Juice

Relationship Status: Friend into Crushes

"Sokka, Zuko. Can you two go out and fetch some firewood for us? We ran out." Katara said to the two boys who were in the middle of a Pai-Sho game.

"Sure I guess." Sokka said with a shrug as him and the prince stood up and headed out of the temple.

"Don't take too long!" She yelled after them, reciving a thumbs up from her brother.

The two boys walked along the path of the woods, looking for good wood for the campfire. So far, they found nothing.

"Why is there no wood around here?" Zuko asked, not expecting an answer. Sokka shrugged and moved some leaves out of his way along the trail.

Zuko followed close behind him, looking around everywhere. They were getting bored.
"Ugh! I just want to get back to the temple. Toph and Suki have probaly already messed up our Pai-Sho game." Sokka groaned, crossing his arms.

Zuko just nodded in agreement and continued to look. It's like the spirits didn't want them to get back to the camp, or they just wanted the two boys alone.

"Soo.." Sokka turned around at the fire-bender. Zuko raised his eyebrows. "You still got feelings for Mai?" He asked him. Ever since their conversation they had on the war balloon, Sokka wondered if Zuko still had feelings for her.

"Hmm.. I'm gonna have to go with no." Zuko said then cut a branch with his sword out of his way. Sokka wanted to smile but didn't. He had no idea why that was his first instinct.

"Oh, so.. You're lonley?" Sokka said, smirking. Zuko stopped in his tracks and glared at him.

"Oh yeah, says the one who just got dumped by Suki a week ago." He smirked at his comeback as Sokka's smirk dropped.

"I- oh shut up." Sokka punched Zuko playfully in the arm making the prince laugh. They continued to walk, laughing at eachother silently.

"Oh! Oh! Look! I found a pile of sticks." Sokka said, pointing in the stick's direction. Zuko turned his head to look where he was pointing. He sighed of relief that this trip was over. His feet were killing him for no reason at all.

They gathered up some sticks and began to head back when a glimpse of something familiar caught his eye.

"Wait.. Zuko, Zuko. Come back." Sokka said, distracted as he looked at the green plant. He grabbed Zuko's shirt to pull him back in his direction.

"What?" Zuko huffed, blowing the hair out of his eyes. He watched as Sokka slolwy cut open the cactus and looked at it carefully.

"What- wait don't drink tha-" The Prince tried saying but it was too late. Sokka had already drank the whole thing. He slolwy turned his head to Zuko, smiling widley.

Zuko raised his eyebrows. "Uh.. Buddy.. What's going on?" He asked. Sokka's pupils expanded as he dropped the sticks. Zuko rolled his eyes. "Okay, ha, ha. Let's go." He grabbed Sokka's hand and pushed him up off the ground then grabbed his sticks that he dropped.

"Zuko." Sokka said, smiling from ear to ear. Zuko turned to him. "I love you." Sokka said, giggling.

Zuko didn't know how to reply. Something was definitely off about Sokka, and he was starting to think it wasn't a joke and it was coming from that cactus.

"You don't mean that. Now come on. Let's head back. Thet probaly know what's wrong with you." Zuko said and began to walk but Sokka didn't follow. The Prince turned around and sighed. He moved all the sticks to one hand and grabbed Sokka's other hand and guided him back to the temple.

"How did a cactus even end up in the forest?" Zuko said outloud yet to himself. Sokka was just giggling behind him, moving his free hand to Zuko's hair then to his back over and over again.