Depression

A/N: OKAY. I'M BACK. AND UHM. I'M WRITING. I always get so many Wattpad notifications so ty for liking and commenting on my posts. Even the bad ones from last year that pain me to look back at.

Sokka was supposed to be the bright and happy one. He was supposed to be the funny comedian friend that made everyone laugh when times were tough. He was supposed to laugh it off and just go on his merry way, not bothering anyone with his problems.

So why did he feel like this?

He felt tired. He was so tired. Rolling over in bed took too much energy. Sitting up to drink a cup of water that sat on his nightstand felt like labor work.

He didn't feel much of anything besides tiredness. And at first, it was manageable. He got up, went to meetings, spent time with his fiancé, etc.

But it soon got all too much.

He was a twenty-two year old man who couldn't get out of bed because he didn't feel like it. He felt pathetic, deep deep down at least. But, he was too numb to realize.

Zuko must've thought he just slept in because when noon rolled around, he casually entered their bedroom, getting ready to wake up Sokka. But he soon realized Sokka was already awake.

"Babe?" Zuko said, making his way around the bed and over to Sokka's side. He was laying down on his side, facing away from the door and looking at the wall. His eyes seemed glossed over, as if he wasn't actually present with his own thoughts.

"Hey Sokka, what's wrong?" Zuko crouched down, putting his hand over Sokka's forehead to check if he was sick. He was not.

Sokka's only reply was a muffled groan, he closed his eyes, not wanting to see Zuko look at him. Especially like this.

"You're not sick..." Zuko thought out loud. "What's up then? You missed the meeting." He frowned. His tone didn't seem as if he was disappointed, but Sokka's mind told him he was. That he was a burden for feeling this way. For not being stronger.

He didn't know exactly why he was feeling this way in the first place. Sure, he's been far from home for nearly two years now, Katara and Aang always being too busy to stop and visit and Sokka being too forgetful to remember. When Zuko proposed to him six months ago, he was overjoyed. He couldn't wait to marry his best friend who also happened to be the love of his life.

But he had no one to tell. When he eventually remembered to write to Katara, her reply came in late. Nearly two months later. She explained how Gran Gran grew severally ill over the summer seasons, just recently passing the month Sokka got engaged.

He didn't know how to feel.

Gran Gran didn't like Zuko. She didn't support him and he hasn't seen her since he first started dating Zuko. After their relationship got more serious, Sokka permanently moved to the Fire Nation, his role more than just the Ambassador of the Southern Water Tribe. Instead he was a councilman.

His whole family told him Gran Gran would eventually come around, that the women who raised him would soon realize love was love.

But she never did. She died believing that Sokka was gross for loving a man. And he didn't know how to live with that.

He supposes that's what started it up. Especially after the Councilman started talking about arranging the wedding in the following year.

Fuck, he was weak.

He didn't want Zuko to see him. He didn't want anyone to see him.

Sokka rolled over, the action taking so much more energy than normal, and buried his face into the covers.