Engagement Announcement

A/N: Hey, sorry for the lack of updates. I always forget I have Wattpad haha

Relationship status: Engaged

Zuko shivered as the wind blew towards him, causing him too party loose balance. He proceeded to follow Sokka through the thick snow and into his house.

Once they arrived, Zuko instantly felt better, since it was actually warm. Sokka closed the door behind them and Zuko just sighed.

"Cold out?" Sokka asked with a slight playfulness to his voice.

"No. Not at all." Zuko replied sarcastically, unwrapping his scarf from his neck and tossing it onto the chair.

"We have dinner with my family in a half an hour so don't get too comfortable."

Zuko nodded yet continued to rip off every layer he had on besides his normal clothes, which weren't all that normal since they were blue with only hints of red.

"Did you tell your family were engaged?" Zuko asked, not even bothering to look up from pulling off his shoes.

Sokka hesitated for a moment before replying, "Katara and Aang know.."

Zuko waited for him to finish, but he never did. Confused, he looked up to see that Sokka was finished.

"That it?"

"Well.. Yeah?"

"Why didn't you tell your Dad? Or Gran Gran?" Zuko exclaimed, eyes slightly wide.

Sokka but his lip, avoiding eye contact, "I'm nervous in how they'll react.."

"What do you mean?" Zuko asked, his voice stern.

"Well, yeah they knew we were dating.." Zuko nodded as Sokka continued, "but they never really..expected us to actually last.. because you're royalty."

"First of all, what?" Zuko took a deep breathe before continuing, "Second of all, I'm barley even royalty?"

"You're the Fire Lord!" Sokka half-yelled, his arms shooting up to the ceiling.

"You helped save the world, Sokka!"

"I know! I was there!" He set hid arms down, crossing them against his chest. Zuko stared at him, face unimpressed.

"Really?" Zuko replied, his voice full of sarcasm.

"Yeah!" Sokka then realized the tone and shook his head, "and you helped save the world too!"

"I know!"

"Why are we shouting!"

"I don't know!" Zuko yelled one last time before sighing and sitting down on the couch. Sokka then sat down next to him, wrapping his arms around the others shoulder.

"They don't hate you though." Sokka mumbled.

This made Zuko laugh, "Their first impression of me was when I invaded your village."

"True.. but, you've changed a lot." Sokka mumbled, resting his head on Zuko's shoulder.

"Thank you.." Zuko raised an eyebrow.

Sokka chuckled and sat up, kissing Zuko's cheek. "Everything will be fine. Don't worry."

Everything was not fine.

When Zuko and Sokka arrived at Hakoda and Gran Gran's house, they were immediately welcomed. Katara and Aang were already there, playing with Momo who was doing some sort of trick on the floor. Gran gran wad setting the table, and Hakoda was sitting on the Sofa, watching Momo with a confused expression on his face.