8- Secret Admirer (Pt. 1)

A/N: Barry is bisexual and Seb is gay in this particular story. It will have a few parts and one major timeskip. Thanks!

Dedicated to rossylynch6 

Sebastian only stared down at his duffel bag, sitting under the tree, and obviously messed around with. 

Someone had dared to lay even a finger on his property, and oh boy, was he going to get back at whoever it was, fast. He hurriedly zipped it open, his brow sweaty from lacrosse practice, his attitude uncaring for the cologne he had brought to cover up the stink of perspiration. Charles skipped by him a second later.

"What's up?" he asked, peering at the captain of the lacrosse team rummaging about his bag.

"The sky, bonehead," Sebastian shot back a scathing reply, overturning his bag fully. It was then that he found a note dropping out, cascading slowly onto the bleachers. His slender, rough fingers picked it up.

"What's it say?" Charles asked, making Sebastian wince at how he butchered the English language in a single breath. He ignored him and turned away.

'The sun may rise over us every morn

The moon may try to muster all its charm

But you are the one who I wake up for

Your bright smile does my heart fatal harm.'

"Aw, you've got a poet set his heart on you!" Charles cooed from beside Sebastian. The addressee, however, did not look so pleased.  His upper lip twitched, uncurling. "They just threw in rhyming words together," he hissed and looked back hesitantly at his name written in a fluid font at the bottom of the page, before crumpling it into a ball and discarding it.

Sebastian had always received some love confession or the other at least once every three days. He had tried to politely reject them first, but things started getting out of hand when some got the idea that his kind rejection meant that he was asking them to do better or giving them a chance. Which absolutely wasn't the case.

Ever since then, he resorted to being plain in his replies and fully deadpan. He didn't need unnecessary hindrances in his life, no thank you.

So naturally, he left a long trail of broken hearts wherever he stepped, save the annoying bunch of McKinley kids. He couldn't care less, because he was finally at peace, untouchable, right at the top. Even if love letters did make their way to him, he would publicly trash them, or they would be found crumpled, and the admirers would get the glaring hint and stop.

However, this poet was really persistent.

Another poetic phrase reached his desk in the Chemistry lab a couple of days later, this time accompanied by a miniature parcel.

Sebastian, however irritated, was also intrigued. His curiosity was battling his ego furiously, resulting in him fidgeting with the parcel all through class. He ended up carrying both the unopened note and the gift back to his dorm room.

Hunter was lazing around when Sebastian walked in, softly clicking the door shut with a disgruntled sigh.

"You look like someone named Asshole dumped the world's crap on you," Hunter joked, pulling out the measuring tape to wrap around the circumference of his wiry upper arm. Sebastian rubbed his temple. "You could say that."

He dropped down on his own chair behind his desk and produced the things that had been burning in his pocket all day. His patience finally ended as he flipped open the note, tearing it slightly at the corner.

'They say the woods are enchanted

Full of sprites, magic, and angels' scent

Pray tell me, oh dearest mine

Are you that angel of Heaven's descent?'

"Oh dearest mine? You've got to be kidding me," Sebastian grit his teeth. Hunter was looking nervously at the parcel, then to his roommate's hands as they artistically unwrapped the gift: a woodsy cologne. 

"Wow... someone must really be desperate," Sebastian drawled, eyebrows dramatically raised. "It's creeping me out a bit."

"Yeah..." Hunter mumbled, tuned out. Sebastian could see his dorm mate's attention dispelling. "You alright, Hunt?' he asked. "Did I worry you too by bringing this here?"

Hunter gulped and shook his head. "No, ahem, you didn't. I just- I just want some air. Excuse me."

Saying so, he pushed past Sebastian to exit through the door.

-------

'Persistent' was becoming a really mild term to describe this mysterious rhymer. 'Obsessive' was more like it, and it was safe to say that Sebastian didn't feel safe anymore. His friends kept telling him to relax, but his paranoia reached a fever pitch when he found another poem with a set of his favourite earrings he had stopped by to gaze at in the market the other day.

They were found inside his dorm room, when it was empty, apparently.

This meant two things- one, this person was stalking him. Secondly, this stalking had been going on for months for the person to reach his room while having memorised his timetable, or he was someone very shy and very shockingly close.

Sebastian was trembling as he shut the dorm room. Hunter looked really concerned.

"Are you okay, Bas?" he asked, reaching out to place a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Sebastian, however, flinched away from the touch.

He couldn't trust anyone anymore. 

"Are you the one who has been sending these stupid poems, by any chance?" Sebastian narrowed his eyes, staring hard at Hunter. Hunter stammered incoherently and blushed furiously, failing at fighting it down.

"Wh- why w-would I... I, of all people?!" he exclaimed wildly and stormed out, banging the door shut behind him. Sebastian sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Why did he have to accuse his best friend of something so preposterous?

He looked back down at the earrings in his hand. They had cost an awful lot, so this poet must be very wealthy to buy him this within the blink of an eye.

He crossed over the room and picked up his phone, dialling the one number he had to now. This was a borderline crisis which was choking him.

The other person on the line answered in less that two seconds. "Bassy?"

"Barr," Sebastian breathed. It felt so relieving to hear his brother's voice. "I have a kind of a difficult situation here, and I need you to come to Ohio."

(To be continued-)

Did you enjoy the chapter? Apologies for the amount of it time it took to write. I can't write poetry to save my life, so I had to catch my brother, but he was constantly busy with schoolwork, hence the delay.

Please vote!