Chapter 15 - Honjou strike

"....Well, it seems like I lost." Nia, said while leaning deep into the back of her chair, solemnly looking up at the ceiling.

She removed her glasses and wiped off the sweat on her brow with the sleeve of her shirt before turning towards Syouji and unfolded her arms, searching for the doujin she exchanged with him earlier.

"Alright, a deal's a deal.....I'll read this."

"......"

When they heard Nia's words, Shidou and the others from <Ratatoskr> exchanged glances before tackling Syouji to the ground while giving out a shout of joy.

Then, after an hour passed,  Shidou and the others were finished tidying up their circle's booth. All of the Spirits also already changed their clothes and went to the corner of the public park behind Tenguu Square where they were watching Syouji and Nia from a distance.

Since they were going to talk about something related to the Spirits, they thought it was best to do it in a place where no one from <Honjou-Dou>'s staff would be around so they left the event earlier than usual.

Nia wanted to buy doujin herself, but Syouji made his clone buy Nia's doujin, sending him off with a list.

"—Well then, can I start reading it?" Saying that, Nia sat on a bench while holding Syouji and the others' doujin in her hands.

The real problems starts here. If she fails to fall in love with Syouji, then he won't be able to seal her Reiryoku.

"....." Syouji nodded before sitting on the opposite side of the bench, far away from her. If his deduction was correct, then for someone like Nia, reading alone is more comfortable.

Although, Syouji couldn't help but peek at her from the corner of his eyes as Nia let out a sigh and threw a sharp glance at him.

"I'll say it again. I only agreed to read this book, right? Anything after that is different! Don't have any expectations, alright?"

".....I understand." Syouji answered with a yawn, as Nia nodded quietly.

Then, a few moments later, Nia noticed Syouji's breathing pattern change and she found out that Syouji was taking a nap on the bench with a peaceful expression on his face.

"Haa....my." Seeing that, she let out a sigh. ".....Boy, you sure like getting into other people's business."

Then, she recalled the events in the hall as her face distorted out of irritation. But she knew the exact reason why she felt irritated.

".....Since you talked so big, I won't forgive you if the book isn't good."

Nia blinked a few times, while staring at Syouji who had small bags under his eyes. She then corrected the position of her glasses before pointing her sights at the book in her hand.

On the front cover were characters that had similar appearences with Shidou and Syouji. It was the same image she saw when Syouji handed her the book.

Although the linework was a little rough, the artwork was still obviously past the limit of an amateur.

'Did they hire a professional manga artist for this?'  Nia wondered.

"Fuun. Well, no matter. The most important part is the content." Nia mumbled, opening the front cover and started reading quietly.

The art was considerably good for a doujin, although it differed from page to page, it wasn't at a level that would bother her while she reads.

The story begins with twin boys. One of the boys was depressed when they were abandoned by their mother, but the other comforted him and put away his own troubles.