Volume 2 - Chapter 18 - Shrine Visit

Right now, Syouji was standing in a shrine. He had just tossed a 5-yen coin to pay his respects and rang the bell.

"...."

He closed his eyes and made a wish with his heart.

"...Phew"

And after he finished his prayer, Syouji gently exhaled and opened his eyes. Observing either of his sides, Syouji noticed his brother Shidou on his left and there were girls praying around them.

Tohka and Mayuri stood next to Shidou while Origami, Kaguya and Yuzuru stood on his right.

Everyone here attended Raizen highschool and was involved with Spirits in some way. The girls wore bright kimonos which gleamed under the light of the sun.

As he wondered, Tohka's eyes began to open and began to talk to Shidou. Apparently she wished for something to eat.

"And what about you Mayuri, what did you wish for?" Syouji asked, leaning his head forward to look at Mayuri who smiled.

"I wished to stay together with everyone forever of course!" Mayuri stated.

If it was from someone else, maybe it would sound superficial, but to Mayuri who nearly disappeared from existence, it was rather deep.

And then, at that moment, Kaguya and Yuzuru shited towards Syouji after completing their worship.

"Oh, what did you two wish for?"

As Syouji asked, Kaguya, who wore a kimono with alternating colors of orange and black made a commanding gesture with her hand.

"Wish? Kuku...and I thought thou implied otherwise. To conquer this minuscule plot of land to the extent of a deity's prowess was something I sought for long ago. Nevertheless, whosoever remains under my awe forsooth tremble and shudder."

"Disclosure. Lies, Kaguya undoubtedly whispered, [I hope to ascend the stairs of adulthood this year] just now."

"Could you stop saying that in a serious tone?! I obviously vocalized my desire to impart on a date with Shidou—"

Without finishing, Kaguya responded with a slight tremor on her shoulders. Upon that, Syouji turned towards his brother curiously.

"Shidou did you hear that? What's your answer?" Syouji asked.

"No, well....I'll consider it." Shidou said while scratching his reddened cheeks.

"....!" Kaguya blushed as Yuzuru smirked upon seeing that.

"Smile. That'd be great."

"Ahh....really....!" The teary-eyes Kaguya began to playfully pound Yuzuru's back.

"Withdrawal. It hurts...Kaguya."

"Oi, oi. Quit fighting you two!" Syouji stopped the fight about to take place.

It was the 4th of January and the liveliness and excitement over the last three days have somewhat died down. Nevertheless, several people could still be seen visiting the shrine.

Kaguya also noticed her face regaining its colour after regulating her breathing.

"...Okay, Myself thinks my composure has returned. I need not remind thee that I possess dark magical recoverability."

"Whatever you say, Kaguya. Anyway, let's go Shidou."

"Yeah..."

As Syouji and Shidou began to leave, everyone followed suit, but at that point, Syouji noticed that there was still one girl standing in prayer with palms held together before the shrine.