Chapter 31 - Cosmic War part 3

"Deploy <Yggdrafolium> numbers one to ten to the assigned coordinates, maximize territory outputs!"

"Roger!"

In the lower section of the bridge, <Dimension Breaker> Nakatsugawa skillfully operated his panel.

Shortly afterwards, the auxilary monitor displayed an image of <Fraxinus>'s rear emitting a blue glow and several automated foliage units being ejected.

Subsequently, they encircled the body of <Goetia>, each expanding its territory to the fullest like weapons floating in space.

"Where's Syouji?!" Kotori shouted looking towards Syouji's console, where only Nia's frame could be seen. 

"Boy was here just a second ago, until he suddenly vanished into thin air. My guess is he probably went to check on Mayuri." 

When Nia explained, Syouji suddenly materialized into his chair with a distortion covering his body, as if he was some kind of phantom.

"I'm here, sorry for disappearing. I had to check on Mayuri's condition to make sure she was okay and you know, I had to reseal her. In addition, I needed to refresh my brain for a bit. What do you need me to do?" 

Syouji asked with a salute as Kotori nodded her head and pointed at the main monitor on the bridge of <Fraxinus>.

"Right. Ready the High Magic-powered cannon, <Mystletainn>!"

Kotori commanded.

"Roger. Preparing <Mystletainn>." 

Syouji responded to Kotori's command immediately, as a low tremor shook the bridge of the Ship and a blinding flash of light shone on the main monitor screen.

A devastating torrent of magical power emerged from the end of <Fraxinus> and extended towards <Goetia> at an unbelievable speed.

However, the enemy warship dodged to the right with an unnatural path, escaping the <Yggdrafolium> with an abrupt jerk.

"Damn... they're still making sudden erratic movements." Kotori furrowed her eyebrows unrelentingly.

"Well, they were the only ship that was able to dodge Mayuri's attacks, so that's a given." Syouji shook his head with disdain.

The greatest weapon controlled by Ellen, the warship <Goetia>.

Its power laid neither in excessive firepower that could annihilate anything, nor infinite durability able to withstand anything, but rather, it was the flexibility in their movements.

Unlike other airships, through Ellen Mathers' direct interposition, movements that defied the fundamental laws of physics could be achieved.

<Goetia> prided itself upon this exulted specialty second to none.

<Fraxinus> itself could do what it could to enhance its maneuverability with upgrades, but they would never hold a candle to <Goetia>'s sheer might.

That is, if they were to stay at their current lowest standard.

"—Kannazuki!"

"Present."

At Kotori's call, the tall and thin man beside the captain's seat made a reply. He wasthe vice commander of <Fraxinus>, Kannazuki Kyouhei.

Equipped on his head was a device that had a striking resemblance to what Syouji was wearing. It was a device resembling a helmet that transmitted his brain waves to a Realizer unit.

"Maria set Fraxinus to be operated manually."

[Roger. One Realizer unit has been left over. One is currently being used by Syouji while the others are serving as magic generators.]