981-1000

Chapter 981: Qin Mo's Suspicions

In that moment, all her stakes were hanging from a thread.

A black motorcycle came flying out from the alley...

The driver wore a helmet, his gaze deep yet gentle and intense. It was Hoshino!

He held the steering handle bar with one hand and with a sharp turn, he reached his other hand out towards Bo Jiu.

Swoosh!

The youngster grabbed onto his arm. With a leap, she turned and sat onto the bike.

Everything happened in a flash. Her actions were fluid and smooth.

The other drivers on the same road were dumbfounded.

Even if the crime squad's crew at the other road took action, it was useless as they left on a heavy-duty motorcycle, which was exemplary in terms of its discharge, exterior, fluidity, and speed.

Just like a panther in action; it wasn't easy to block.

Qin Mo stood tall and firm as he watched the Dodge Tomahawk disappear in the mass of cars. He felt as though he was abandoned and clenched the face mask in his palms, a scary coldness radiating from him...

Director Huang stood one street away, he could barely breathe when he saw Z escape. He turned and caught sight of the face mask in his hands, his eyes widening. "You removed Z's face mask? Did you have a good look of that person's appearance? Should I contact the experts to craft out a profile with your memory?"

"I didn't see Z." Qin Mo glanced up along with the simple reply.

Director Huang froze. When did Young Master Qin's gaze look so scary?

"Cough." Director Huang started to reflect on his actions. "Our planning was lacking, we hadn't been expecting the turn of events. Z is indeed thorough in her planning, she must have bribed a thief nearby to run upon her instructions. I've spoken to the person we caught, he has no idea how Z looks like, he gave a brief description of his height and attire, which was the person you were chasing after. He didn't provide us with much information."

Qin Mo turned to look at him. "Start with that motorcycle."

Director Huang was confused since they probably wouldn't get much information from its plate.

"It's a black Dodge Tomahawk limited edition, there aren't many of those in the country. Find everyone that has it," Qin Mo replied emotionlessly.

Before Director Huang could reply, his phone rang. It was a call from his boss, his tone heavy and tense, not particularly pleasant. "Did you catch Z?"

"The criminal is too skilled, we will have to continue the investigation." Director Huang broke into a cold sweat as he replied.

The response was stern. "You should be aware of the impact. It was a large-scale infiltration and yet the crime squad came up empty handed. Director Huang, shouldn't you reflect on the abilities of the crime squad? We have to give the public an answer and a piece of mind to those that have been implicated."

Director Huang took a moment before he replied, "I understand."

"I'm not going to beat around the bush, Z hasn't done much evil but there are rules and regulations for certain actions. How is the public going to react if a hacker managed to uncover grievances that the police had no clue about? How are the higher-ups going to see it?"

Director Huang inhaled deeply. "Secretary Liang, I fully understand where you are coming from. I don't really care how the higher-ups view me but there is a point I agree with – certain grievances should be uncovered by us or it will be a slap in our faces."