chapter 8

(It's the day after they whent out, it's a Saturday so there's no school)

"Where are you going?"lizzie said looking her little brother up and down. Jimmy's hair was neater as it was combed to one side and he was wearing a yellow t-shirt with blue jeans and was walking down the stairs to the door. Jimmy smiled and ran over to hug lizzie who was on the couch "I'm going to hang out with scott!" "Which is practically a date, so im going on a date with scott!"He said letting her out of the hug. "You, my little brother going on a date?" She said teasingly realising that jimmy was growing up. "Yes!" He said a huge smile plastered on his face before it settled down "do i look okay? Do you think he will like me back?" He asked worriedly putting his hands through his hair trying to make sure it was perfect. Lizzie nodded taking hold of Jimmy's hands "I'm sure he will, who couldn't like you" she said smiling softly at him before realising his hands.

"Thanks liz" He said "your the best! I love you bye!" He said rushing to the front door, hearing the "I love you too, bye!" From lizzie he shut the door and began walking down the street towards Scott's house, which he found out wasn't that far from his.

Jimmy was planning on this date, to ask out scott,expecially since there was this summer dance happening in a few days, he didn't really know how it was going to go but he really hoped it whent well or he would have to spend the rest of his life in his bedroom dieing of embarrassment.

Jimmy knocked at Scott's door before waiting. "Hey?" Scott asked opening the door before realising it was jimmy "jimmy!" He said as they both hugged. Scott was wearing a plade jacket and a blue long sleeved t-shirt with black jeans. "It's so good to see you" jimmy said as scott closed the door behind him "are you ready to go out" jimmy asked nervously. Scott nodded and they walked off down the street together, jimmy taking the lead. "Where are we going?" Scott questioned as he followed jimmy "just wait and see!" Jimmy said leading him down a quiet walk into a field of flowers surrounded by trees.

Jimmy pulled scott by his jacket down onto the grass before sitting down after him. "Where going to have a picnic?" Scott asked looking around the beautiful place. "Yeah, I thought you might like that..." Jimmy said watching Scott's eyes tale in the place. "It's beautiful" scott said as his eyes landed back on jimmy.

Jimmy smiled and leaned back into the grass, scott doing the same. The laid there for abit eating Jimmy's snacks that he brought, this included, little ham sandwiches, strawberries and jaffercakes. Oh and of course water.

After they had eat and had talked about little things jimmy suddenly sat up and took Scott's cold hands in his, they sorta stung his fingers in the windy air but he ignored the sting as he shuffled his hands in Scott's making him sit up. "You okay?" He asked looking as if he wanted to pull his hands away but instead he let jimmy hold them.

"I- I want to ask you something.." Jimmy said nervously as the trees rustled. Scott looked at him to carry on a worried expression traveled over his face. " I have a crush on you and I think i really like you, like I love you and I mean you don't have to say yes or anything but I really just wanted to tell you so you could give me and answer because I really love you and I wanna kiss you and-" He rushed out as his words flew out not being able to control it.

Scott suddenly looked at jimmy sadly his eyes watering as he pulled his hands out from Jimmy's as he stood up "jimmy...I'm sorry..."He said his voice croaking "I mean, I can't love you okay?" He said he avoided Jimmy's broken eyes and looked at the floor "i mean I really wish I could, because I do love you!" He said suddenly looking back into Jimmy's eyes "I wanna kiss you so bad, but i can't!" He shouted as tears squeezed out from his eyes.

Jimmy stared shocked and upset, all that he did was for nothing, scott didn't love him, of course he didn't, no one would love him, lizzie lied, she said he would, why did she lie? Why does scott not like him? Tears quickly slipped down Jimmy's face as didn't rub them from staring in shock at Scott's anger "Why?!" Jimmy shouted back although his voice cracked and his tears where flowing to much to make a loud voice so it came out like a high pitched whisper.

Scott's tears came down more looking at jimmy so he looked away and wiped his eyes "because I'll hurt you..." He whispered "we can just be friends though..." scott said quietly as he heard jimmy whimper like he was trying to keep his tears in.

"How?! How? Will you hurt me?" He tried to shout again but it only came out like a high pitched whisper. Scott turned to him and knelt down next to him "can't you feel it?" He asked holding Jimmy's chin to look up at him with.

Jimmy felt the cold burn that he felt all the times he touched Scott's skin and scott pulled his hand away seeing jimmy flinch "I don't know why but when i try love anyone it hurts them and I don't know how to stop it" He said whiping his eyes and whiping Jimmy's eyes with his sleeve "that's why you can't love me and I can't love you..." He said softly, not giving jimmy another chance to speak as he took his stuff and walked off. Before he fully left he turned around to take a glance of jimmy he was watching him leave as he sobbed.

"I'm sorry..." scott mumbled to himself as he walked away leaving jimmy to collect himself back up.

(IAM SO SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER 😭
I SWEAR THE NEXT ONE WILL BE HAPPIER, it will probably also be the last chapter, because I have another idea for another story containing joel and etho!)