Chapter 5

"It's just dinner, what are you so worried about?" Harry asked me as I fussed over myself in the car. We were heading over to his parents to have dinner for Christmas Eve. Then I would be going back to my parents’ house and stay there for Christmas morning, then Harry and I would spend the rest of the day at his flat.

“I’ve only met your Mom a few times, and your sister and your step-dad are going to be there and I’m worried they won’t like me.” I worried.

“Hey, they’ve already met you and they think you’re lovely. Don’t worry about it.” He smiled, taking my hand.

“Eyes on the road.” I reminded him.

“Yeah yeah.” He said, dismissing it with a wave of his other hand.

“Both hands on the wheel!” I exclaimed. He laughed at me, giving me the smile he knew I couldn’t resist. My heart did a happy flip as I blushed slightly, looking back at the road.

“So, what do you want to do for Christmas? It’ll be our first one as a couple.” He asked.

“I don’t know. I was just going to give you your gift.” I shrugged.

“Does it involve something special?” he asked, giving me a look. I shoved him and laughed.

“You’re so perverted. And no, not that. You’re going to have to impress me if you want that on Christmas.” I grinned.

“I’ll have to make sure then.” He smiled again, kissing my hand.

After a few hours, we finally pulled up to his Mum’s house, climbing out. I preened for a little bit before Harry came over and stopped my hands, kissing me softly.

“You look beautiful.” He whispered to me.

“Thank you.” I said, smiling at him.

“Don’t worry. They like you.” He said, reaching into the back of his car to get our presents for them before knocking on the door.

“Harry!” His mum said, smiling as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Come in, come in. It’s freezing outside.” She ushered us inside.

“Thank you for letting me spend Christmas Eve with your family.” I said to her.

“No problem. We love having you come over.”  She told me, giving me a hug. I hugged her back awkwardly because my arms were pinned.  “Dinner will be ready in a few minutes, so just rest until it’s done.”

Harry and I went into living room, sitting down close to each other.

“Do you really have to go back to your parent’s tonight? You could always just go over there in the morning.” Harry murmured to me, playing with my hair.

“No, I have to. We have a tradition.” I frowned.

“Of what?” he asked.

“Taking a shot of Irish cream whenever someone wakes up. Then we open presents.” I told him.

“That seems fun.”

“It is. I didn’t get to do it until I turned 16, but it was still fun.”

We sat and cuddled for a few minutes, dozing from the warmth of the house.

“Okay, dinner’s ready!” Anne called from the kitchen. I stood and went in to go see what I could do, but found nothing. She had already set up everything.

We all sat down, beginning to eat quietly. Gemma had showed up when her mum had called, so I saw her again, and I finally saw Harry’s step-dad. Dinner passed quickly, making small talk as we ate. Afterwards, we all sat in the living room and talked some more. When the clock hit 7, I stood and looked at Harry.