Chapter 9

I showed up at Spencer's house the next night. The only jersey I owned was for Manchester United. I knocked on the door, waiting. I heard dogs barking behind it and a few people talking.

"Hey, you made it!" Spencer grinned as he opened the door. Two dogs ran out and sniffed at my shoes, trying to jump up up on me. "Sorry about them." He told me, stepping aside so I could come through.

"Look, another Manchester jersey." Lauren said, rolling her eyes.

"A woman of good taste!" Jackson yelled. I laughed and went over to them.

"Oh, look, Bohemians jersey." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You got a problem with Irish football?" She said, glaring at me.

"No, you just remind me of my dad."

"He must be a good man."

"He's obsessed with the Bohemians."

"And where did you get Manchester?"

"My mum's from Manchester. Her brainwashing worked better." I grinned.

"Brits.” She grumbled.

Jackson, Lauren and I were the only ones wearing jerseys out of everyone from across the pond. It seemed like almost all the American boys were wearing football jerseys for some team called New England Revolution. Two guys were wearing jerseys for a team named Sporting KC, whatever that was.

“You guys should take a picture.” Someone laughed.

“I think that’s a great idea.” Lauren grinned. Everyone wearing jerseys stood, going over and gathering near a space of wall where we all fit. New England Revolution in the back, the two sporting KC boys kneeling on either side of me and Jackson, and Lauren sitting cross-legged in the front, holding up her hands like ‘oh well’. I looked at the picture after they had taken it, and all of the Americans were giving me, Jackson, and Lauren a look.

“Oh that’s fantastic.” I laughed. “Can you send that to me?” I asked. Lauren sent me the picture and I posed it with the caption ‘European Invasion…?’ with a British flag, a four leaf clover, and a soccer ball. I got a tweet from my Mum a little bit later.

‘@annieo’reiley23 remembering your mum’s roots. Good girl ;)’

‘@janeo’reiley6 I was taught well ;)’

A few second later, I got a tweet from my Dad.

‘@annieo’reiley23 @janeo’reiley6 you two bring me shame. I’m hoping that girl in the bohemians jersey teaches you a lesson’

‘@bigo’reiley62 don’t worry dad. the motherland holds a place in my heart for rugby XD’

‘@annieo’reiley23 good lass’

‘@bigo’reiley62 @janeo’reiley6 shouldn’t you two be in bed?’

‘@annieo’reiley23 too much whiskey’

I smiled, shaking my head before putting my phone away.

“Hey, come watch the game!” Spencer said, patting a spot next to him. I went over and sat down next to him, smiling as I did.

“So, England huh?” He asked.

“Yeah, my entire life.” I nodded.

“Have you ever been to the States?” he asked.

“Yeah, once before.”

“Maybe I could show you guys around Baltimore.”

“That would be nice, thanks.” I smiled.

“We don’t have classes tomorrow, and we don’t have to work, do you want to do it tomorrow?”

“When you said you guys, who did you mean?”

“You, Edward, Lauren, Rachel, Jackson, Michael.”

“That sounds fun.” We settled back and watched the game. When it was finally over, I left, saying goodbye to everyone. I got a text from Spencer later that night as I was getting ready for bed.

Spencer Loring

Hey, everyone except Lauren couldn’t make it :(

Mind if it’s just the three of us?

Yeah, fine with me.

Okay, meet me at my house tomorrow.

I went to sleep, waking up the next day and getting ready, going to Spencer’s house and knocking on the door. He answered, frowning slightly.

“Lauren bailed too.” He told me.

“Oh, well if you don’t want to do it anymore, we don’t have to. I’ll see you later.” I told him, starting to leave.

“Wait! We could still go, if you want.” He said quickly.

“Only if you want to.” I said.

“Sure, let’s go.” He said, leading me to his car.

I climbed in. We spend the entire day going around Baltimore as he showed me all of the sights I needed to see. We spent the entire day out, and by the end I had made a new friend.

“Thanks for today.” I said as he drove me back to my apartment.

“You’re welcome. I had a really good time.” He smiled.

“Me too.” I smiled back, then got a sick feeling in my stomach. “Well, good night.” I told him, climbing out and walking quickly to my apartment. I shut the door behind me. Why did I feel like I was cheating? I didn’t have a boyfriend. So why was I thinking about Harry? I knew how to make it stop.

I went into the bathroom, laying out a towel on the ready before I dragged a razor across my arm. My healing cuts were still there, along with my scars. I made another cut, staring at them until I began to feel light-headed. I wrapped my arm in a towel and searched for bandages, putting one on each cut before putting on my pajamas and going to bed.

**

Okay, a filler chapter. Sorry if you think it stinks :/ Well, next time skip is Valentine’s Day. Anyway, vote, comment, whatever you want to do.

“I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun.”

--Thomas A. Edison