Chapter 8

"I'm sorry, Eleanor, I just need to leave for a while." I told her.

"But you can't! What am I going to do without you?" She frowned.

"I'm sorry, but they offered for me to go to Baltimore and start my studies there as I do my residency."

"I still can't believe they let you take the tests early for all of your classes and get your bachelor's that quickly." She grumbled.

"I was in an advanced program. Only two years. They let me take them."

"Why would they have something like that?!"

"For people who wanted to get to med school faster." I said, packing the last of my bags. My parents had taken Ceasar and Xerxes back to their house to watch while I went. I would keep my apartment here, my brother would stay because he had a big project about to launch for his company and he needed to stay closer to London than the suburbs where he lived with his wife.

"Do you want me to drive you to Heathrow?" She asked.

"No, I'm fine. My dad's taking me." Right on time, my phone buzzed with a text, my dad letting me know he was there to help me.

"Can I come with you?" She asked.

"If you want to."

"Louis wants to see you off too. And Niall. And Danielle. And Perrie. Everyone does."

"Everyone except Harry." I said, clenching my fist.

"Oh, Annie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" she started, an apology written her face.

"It's fine. I know you didn't mean to." I told her, forcing a smile. Before picking up one of my many bags. "Come on, let's go."

Harry and I had been broken up for two weeks now, after a fight. No contact whatsoever. I unfollowed him on Twitter and Instagram, trying to get memories out of my head. They made me feel terrible.

Eleanor followed me out of the building and to my Dad's Jeep.

"Hey Dad." I said as he got out of the car and opened up the back for me.

"Hey sweetie. How're you feeling?" He frowned.

"Fine." I shrugged.

"I still can't believe you're going to Baltimore." He said, shaking his head.

"I won't be gone for long."

"12 weeks is a long time, Annie." He told me.

"I'll be home sometimes." I promised him. "I just won't see you all the time."

"Let me go get the rest of your things." He said, heading towards the building.

"I can get them, Dad." I said, staring to follow him.

"No, stay there." He said, walking quickly into the building. He came back down with the rest of my bags.

"Let's get to the airport. You need to catch your plane. Eleanor, you coming with us?" My dad asked as he put the rest of them into the back of my car. She nodded and I climbed in the back seat with her as Dad climbed into the driver's seat and took off, gripping the wheel. We got there quickly and got all of my bags checked.

"Okay, your cousin is going to be waiting for you at the airport, so make sure to look for her. She's only going to be there until you get settled, so you're going to have to acclimate by yourself after she leaves." He told me as we walked.

"Culture shock?" I asked.

"It's not that bad, you'll have to worry about the time change. She lives in the suburbs if you need her." He answered.