5

Cierra

I watched noisily out the window as Brandy and Lus spoke on the patio. We'd just gotten done studying and Lus asked if he could holler at her for a minute.

Brandy had came over looking to get noticed. She smelled like she'd heavily dosed herself in cherry blossom body spray. Her wig she'd switched for the fourth time this week was curly, and reached mid back. 

Light makeup covered her cocoa colored skinned. Brandy was beautiful, but I didn't think she was what Lus was looking for. I didn't think she could keep his interest long enough, but she seemed determined

It wasn't long before he was walking back in on the phone. It appeared as if he'd gotten her number and was saving it.

I raised my eyebrows. "Mhm." was all I said.

He shrugged. " She's pretty, and If she is not good relationship material I'll let it be known."

I rolled my eyes a little. "She's pretty." was the only thing I agreed with.

Lus laughed. "You gone like somebody one day."

I shrugged, bending over to shove my homework back into my bag.

"Maybe."

Cierra

I kissed Jojo on-top of his head watching his black and red overnight bag wiggle loosely against his back as he ran up the driveway to Lus's parents house. Jojo was on spring break till next week, and they had made plans to spend time with him prior.

"See you later Mom!" He hollered one last time over his shoulder.

"Bye Baby! Be good for your Grandma and Grandpa!" I smiled at them from the car window waving again before I slowly pulled off.

Lus and I had planned to have a staycation with a few mutual friends. It had been sometime since we'd really had adult time outside of just us. Between him working, my schooling, and Jojo we didn't take a moment to pause for any time for ourselves.

I stopped by the store just down the street to pick up some drinks, and a few party favors. I no sooner was pulling into the garage, and after that I began setting up in the kitchen.

The plan was to catch up with everybody, and have a few drinks.

Lus

I heard Cierra moving around in the kitchen as I sprayed myself with cologne.

I hadn't let Cierra know, but I had invited Brandy tonight as well. We had been talking pretty consistently for six weeks now, and had even gone on a few dates. Cierra was callin' it a "phase"

I ain't really feel a spark with her, but I was still enjoying her company.

It was around 6:30pm when everybody started showing up.

Willow, an old high school friend Cierra and I used to hang out with from time to time was the first of five to show up, followed by Yvonne, Dre,Caleb, and lastly Brandy who was about an hour late.

"Oh, we can't study tonight." I heard Cierra explain from the doorway. I got up and placed my half drunk beer on the coffee table making my way to the front door.