[Her] *9*

[Camille Portray by Megan Thee Stallion]

Cierra

Camille. She seemed to drop in Lus's life too suddenly for me.

One thing I recognized was the scorpion on the side of her neck. I recalled seeing it from when I was in the holding cell, and she came in covered in blood.

She fit what Lus had been asking for, for many years. She was confident, she was beautiful, she was unafraid, she was unapologetic, and she spun a web of respect with Jojo in a way that I wanted a woman to appreciate him in the way I did.

She hadn't done anything wrong that I knew of, but my stomach was still in knots. She was coming on way too strong way too soon, and for what..

Lus

Damn. Camille was everything I needed...

I studied Camille as we took a night walk along the pedestrian walkway by the arch. She had on a soft purple dress that flowed with each step. Her clear heels softly clicked the gravel beneath her feet alongside me.

Her mountain of nature hair pulled into a tight bun on her head. She was something out of a dream I had once. Her rich brown skin, her pretty full lips. She was gorgeous.

"I wanted to be a speech therapist. Help others work out the kinks in areas that challenge them vocally." She smiled looking at me. "What about you, Lus?"

I forgot I even asked her a question. I nodded stupidly. "Wow, that's beautiful Camille."

Camille stood tall at 5'8 pairing just perfectly with me at 6 feet. We were a good looking couple, and she had to know that too.

She laughed a little "Sure. What about you? What are your aspirations?" I looked out at the Mississippi river. It looked as if the stars were trying to hide beneath each ripple that passed

"I used to want to be a pilot. Then Jojo came along."

"Wow, that is some dream. Why not still go for it?" Camille stood looking out into the water too.

"I'm a little too late." I told her