The Bet *Guest

Another trailer on the side --->

The song is Fireflies by Owl City. Adam Young is amazing!

Like the Facebook page: facebook.com/ilurvbooks (Or click the External Link)

Follow me on Twitter/Instagram: KimVillanueva_

Happy reading! :)

Chapter 5 *Guest*

~Drake

“Drake,” says my mom, as she settles our breakfast on the table. “How’s school?”

“Good,” I say automatically.

Driana snorts.

I kick her under the table which earns me a glare from her.

“You know,” my mom says, ignoring us, “If you’re having a hard time, you can ask Andre for help.”

“I know,” I mutter.

Andre is intelligent. He may be lazy in studying but when he does, he can get a perfect score.

My mom looks at me expectantly.

Taking a deep breath, I ask her, “What do you want me to do?”

“You can stay at their house this weekend and let him tutor you.”

At the word tutor, my mind thinks of Sophia. If she can tutor me this weekend, we’ll get close to each other and then the month will just be a week. And then I’m finally free with the bet.

“Okay,” I tell my mom. “I’ll ask Andre.”

“Call him now,” My twin sister says.

If I know, she just wants the whole house to herself. No wonder my mom doesn’t offer Driana’s help, we might end up killing each other.

“That’s a good idea,” my mom chimes in.

Shaking my head, I dial Andre’s number.

“Hey,” he answers at the third ring.

“Can I stay at your house this weekend?” I ask, direct to the point.

“Sure,” he says, not even thinking about it.

“What about your mom?”

“Of course, she won't mind," he says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

“Okay then,” I say, “See you at school.”

“Satisfied?” I ask my mom and Driana after I hung up.

Driana’s mouth curves into a smile. My mom looks at me, a concern expression on her face. I know she’s worried about my future, but I can take care of it.

“I’m going to pack,” I say, and walk to my room.

After school, I’ll go directly to Andre’s house. Can I really study there? When Andre and I are together, we just have fun. And studying is not in our fun list.

~*~*~*~*~

“Have you seen Sophia?” I ask.

“I haven’t seen her,” my best friend, Andre, answers. “If you ask me that question again, I’ll punch you,” he threatens playfully.

“What?” I ask, turning to glare at him.