The Bet *Payback Time

Hello! There are two songs for this chapter: Killer by The Ready Set and Break Your Little Heart by All Time Low.

 Happy Reading! (:

 Chapter 51 *Payback*

 ~Sophia

I twirl the necklace in my hands, contemplating if I’ll wear it today or not. The green beads sparkle when I tilt it towards the sun. Rubbing the cross between my fingers, I feel its cold and hard texture. I know this necklace cost a fortune. And I still don’t have an idea why Draky bought it for me.

For the past few days, I wore it wherever I went. Actually, it started on my birthday. I can’t go out of the house if I’m not wearing it. That’s why I’m confused with myself why am I deliberating if I’ll wear it or not. Eh, such a silly question. I fasten it around my neck and walk out of the house and continue my way to the mall to meet Driana and Andre.

“What is she doing here?” Andre asks as soon as he sees me. He looks nervous as he stares at me.

 Driana gives me a smile and then she turns to Andre. “I already told you that Sophia knew about us,” she says exasperatedly, as if tired of repeating that line again and again.

 “But still,” Andre mumbles.

 “I can go if you want,” I suggest. It’s no big deal, and I understand why Andre is acting weird.

 “That’s not what I meant,” he says quickly. “I’m happy you’re here! The more the merrier.”

 “Really?” I ask doubtfully. I don’t want to ruin their time together.

 “Sophia, of course it’s fine,” Driana says, as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world. She links her arm to mine and continues, “I’m already excited! I know we’ll have a great day ahead of us.”

 I smile at her enthusiasm; it’s contagious. In a matter of seconds, I’m excited as well.

 “Call Drake so that it’ll be a double date,” Andre suggests, wiggling his eyebrows.

 Pursing my lips, I ponder for a second if I’ll call him or not. It will be more fun—

 “What are you waiting for?” he asks, cutting off my thoughts.

 “Okay, okay, I’ll call him,” I say.

 Getting my phone from my bag, I dial Draky’s number.

 “Hi,” he answers at the third right.

 Driana and Andre look at me expectantly. “Are you fee today?” I ask.

 “No.”

 “No?” I repeat, surprised. “Why?”

  “I have to do something important,” he says.

 “Oh.” I don’t know why I feel disappointed.

 “Why?” he asks.

 “Nothing.” There’s no point in telling him that I’m with Driana and Andre because he already said that he’s busy.

 “If you say so,” he responds.

 And then I end the call. I can’t believe he didn’t grab the opportunity to be with me. It really must be something important.

 “What did he say?” Driana inquires.

 “He said he have to do something important,” I answer.