The Bet *Cynical

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 27 *Cynical*

~Drake

Sophia kissed me on the cheek.

I made a progress. Does that mean she’s falling in love with me? Maybe that’s just a thank you for keeping her safe? I don’t know what to feel about that.

I’m quite confused on the way I act. How much of it is for the bet? As far as I know, I’m doing everything for the bet.

I can’t think straight. My thoughts are incomprehensible, while my body is dead tired. I might black out any minute now.

Sometimes I wonder why Andre chose Pie. Is it a coincidence? That she walked in at the wrong place, at the wrong time? Does Andre know that I can have any girl I want but Pie? She’s available, but there’s something about her that’s complicated.

Why her?

There comes a time when I lay awake at night, just thinking about that. What if she did not walk in at that time? What if it was another girl?

If that’s the case, I won’t know Pie. For heaven’s sake, the only reason I knew her is because of the bet!

She shouldn’t have walked in at the time so that I won’t hurt her. Is pride really important to me, that I’ll sacrifice Pie’s friendship for winning? Maybe it’s good for both of us if we don’t know each other.

You really should stop the bet.

Oh, hi there, I thought sarcastically, I told Pie about you.

You like her, don’t you?

I can’t help but laugh at that. Me? I like Pie? Oh c’mon! That’s the funniest thought I’ve ever think.

In my peripheral vision, I see in the clock that it’s almost midnight. It’s late; I still have to dye my hair.

I’m glad I’m done adding more explanation to our project. I already wrote it a while ago. I’m impressed because I really like my handwriting there. I hope Parker; I mean Mr. Condie, will give it back to us because I’m planning on putting it in a frame. No joke. Besides, I like the words written on it. I wonder what will Pie think when she reads it.

~ Sophia

“I love you,” he says, touching my bare arms, sending chills and warmth all over me.

“I know,” I murmur, leaning back at him. “I love you too.”

“You mean we’re together now?” he asks. “I mean, you’re my girlfriend now?”

“Yes.”

“Sophia,” he says softly, tightening his arms around me.

A good kind of shiver runs passed my body. Swallowing hard, I ask, “What?”

“You are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”

Even though I can’t see his face, I hear the smile in his voice. He then turns me around to face him. His soft brown eyes gaze at me wonderingly, maybe asking his self if I’m real.

Above us, there are thousands of stars twinkling in the sky. Here beside me is my boyfriend. What more can I ask for?

“This is the best night ever,” he says, putting his hand on my cheek. His other hand is still on my waist.