The Bet *Darkness and Light

The loud ringing of my alarm clock wakes me up. My breathing is faster, as if I ran in a marathon. My mind is fuzzy, it's hard to think straight.

Something is not right.

My muscles are sore from being in a cramp position.

Confused, I look around me in bewilderment. I remember I was with Draky and we were—

Impossible.

I thought it was real. It looked real. It felt real.

How could I dream of something like that?!

Surely, my subconscious mind did the trick because I thought of Draky before I fell asleep. I’m even ashamed to admit it.

I reassure myself that everything is going according to plan. No one will ever get hurt. Well, I won’t get hurt. I don’t know about him.

I don’t know if I should be disappointed or what, in finding out that the kiss was just a dream. Of course, I’m not disappointed! I even let out a sigh of relief.

I can’t imagine kissing the person I despise so much. Just thinking about it- ugh!

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Okay, that didn’t really happen. I don’t even know why I want to post that XD

The gift of Draky to Pie is the same rosary necklace on the cover :) Finally, they kissed, right? I wrote that scene a few months ago but I waited until the right time to post it.

The song is Terrified by Katharine McPhee ft. Zachary Levi :> Banner by BookAndMusicGeek.  Thank you!

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 39 Part 3 *Darkness and Light*

~Sophia

“Pie, I think I’m falling in love with you.”

The words are bizarre; they play repeatedly in my head, non-stop.

I have a feeling he’s doing and saying all this because of the—

No.

I have to remember what I promised to myself earlier. I won’t think about that, even for just my birthday. I want to be happy. I’ll just face the consequences tomorrow, or the next day. What I want is to forget everything and pretend that he wants to make my birthday memorable for me. Something I will not forget for the rest of my life.

What would I feel if it’s true? I’m probably the luckiest girl on the planet. The person I’ve been dreaming of for as long as I can remember finally admits that he’s starting to fall in love with me.

Somehow, I don’t feel as happy as before because something taints in my mind, always knowing, always judging everything Draky does. I can’t blame it though, because it has a point. It doesn’t want me to get hurt.

My brain and my heart are frenemies.

Tonight, I’ll pretend that Drake Swift really is falling in love with me.

Hooray, I think sadly.

I don’t want to think about sad thoughts so I decide to make illusion in my head about happy things from the past.

It’s short lived though, because he starts to talk again.

“I just want you to know my feelings,” Draky says, brushing my hair away from my face, “you don’t need to respond if you don’t feel like it.”