Four

"Y/n, what chu doing?" Alice sings at me.

"Waiting for a phone call or a text, or something," I groan and turn over to look at her, "From who?" She asks me and lay down next to me, "Nobody important, but it doesn't matter," I tell her and put my phone away.

"Y/n," She mumbles and turns around so she's laying on her stomach next to me, her chin on my chest looking up at me, "Yeah?" I say tired, "what are you doing tomorrow?" She asks me and fiddles with the collar of my shirt.

It's been two weeks since my encounter with Scarlett in the hallway, I don't know if she forgot or if she expected me to text her or what, so for now I'm just gonna hang out here with Alice, and later on go out with the others.

"Nothing," I tell her, she lays her head down on my chest and takes a deep breath.

"You wanna go out to eat or something then?" She asks me, I sit there speechless and she looks at me with a worried look. "Yeah, we can go for lunch or something, if you want I can ask the others if they wanna join," I suggest, she shakes her head no and lay back down.

"I was thinking more just the two of us, like a date," She says and burry her face in my duvet waiting for me to answer.

"Yeah, I guess we could do that," I smile and don't get a response from her, I hear a small snore coming from her and I think she fell asleep before I had a chance to answer.

__

I and Alice have agreed to meet outside the campus and drive to Caffè Reggio in my car at 3, it's right now 2:45 pm and I am on my way to the parking lot to get my car to pick her up. "Hey, Y/n!" Someone yells after me, I turn around and Alex is walking towards me, "Hey, what's up?" I ask him, he looks me up and down and smiles.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" I ask him confused, his smile grows bigger and I cross my arms across my chest, "You're going on a date" He states, I look at him surprised and he puts a hand on my arm, "Finally," He whispers to himself.

"Asshole, I am not going on a date," I whined making him laugh, "Sure, then why are you wearing that type of clothing?" He asks me and points me up and down, "I am going to a meeting with my mother," I lie to try and wiggle out of this situation, "Yeah, about what?" He questions and raises a brow, "That is classified," I lie again making my own situation worse.

"I don't believe you, but then again I'm your best friend and you would never lie to your best friend," He swore making me feel bad, "No, I would never, but I really have to go sorry," I yell after him as I run towards my car.

2:57 pm, is when I get inside my car and in a matter of seconds I am pulling out of the parking lot and driving towards the front of the campus, I can already see her standing by the side of the road when I pull over to her and open the door from the inside.

"Hey," I smile as she closes the door, she smiles back and we drive in silence to the Caffè.

I park and we both get out and walk inside the Caffè, the inside smells like fresh coffee, and the walls are decorated with posters, signs, newspaper cut-outs, and photographs of different plants. Every table has a set of different chairs, some are wood others have a metal frame and some are even couches. Alice walks over and gets us a table for two while I look over the menu behind the counter.

"So what are we thinking of getting?" I ask her as she stands back next to me, "Just get me whatever you're getting," She tells me and grabs my hand, "Next," The lady by the counter says and we walk up to her, "Two hot chocolates with whipped cream and two croissants, one with Nutella and one without please," I tell her and look over at Alice who gives me an approving nod which tells me I ordered the right things.

"That's gonna be 17 dollars and 50 cents," The lady whose name is Lily says to me and smile, I take out my card and pays for it, "I am going to give you the croissants now and the hot chocolates will be at your table in around 5 minutes," she tells us and hands us the croissants, I thank her and we walk down to our table.

"You didn't need to pay," Alice tells me as I take a bite of my croissant with Nutella, "No, but I wanted to," I tell her and wipe the Nutella on my hands off in my pants, "what did mine come out to, I'll give you the money then," She says and starts rummaging through her purse, "Alice, I won't take your money, it's my treat you can pay next time," I tell her and moments later Lily comes over with our hot chocolate.

"Fine, but you have to promise that I'm paying next time," she scoffs and takes a sip from her chocolate, the whipped cream giving her a whip cream mustache which makes me laugh, "What?" She laughs at me and I take out my phone and take a picture of her, "Here, look," I say and show her the picture, "Ew, delete that" She says and wipes the cream off her face.

"Actually I think I'm going to print it and put it on my wall," I teased, she shot me a look and started laughing, "Sure you are," She giggled and took another sip.

We've been here for around an hour and we're both beginning to gather our stuff to go back to campus, "So, I was thinking tonight if you wanna go hang out with me and the others, Melanie's father offered her the house for this weekend and she is having this little party type thing if you wanna come," I suggest as we walk to the car hand in hand.

"Yeah, sounds fun but don't you have to check with Melanie to see if it's okay that I come?" She asks me worried, I know how she feels though, back in high school I would've had to ask but our group made a deal that we can all have one plus one to the parties that one of us is having.

"I know it's going to be fine," I assure her in the car back, she doesn't say anything and places her hand on mine as I am holding on to the gear stick, I glance over at her and she is looking out the window and into the streets.

We get back to the school and I park the car in the same parking lot as earlier, we both get out and walk together towards the door to our hall, "isn't that miss Johansson?" She points out, I look over, and there she is, standing in front of a classroom looking at us, I get eye contact with her and place my arm around Alice who automatically put her head on my shoulder, as we walk by her I smirk at her kiss Alice on top of her head.