Nineteen

"Y/n, you are now free to go home, papers are signed and your brother is waiting in the lobby," The nurse tells me and helps me pack the rest of my things. "Let me walk you down there," She smiles and leads to to the lobby where Lizzie and Matthew are waiting for me. 

"Your bags are in the car if you wanna go to your apartment," Matthew tells me as we walk through the car park. 

"I think that's for the best," I say grabbing his hand. 

 "You can stay if you want, no rush," He tells me and grab my bag and put it in the trunk, Lizzie gets into the passenger seat and he gets into the driver's seat. 

"It's okay, I'm gonna be okay," I assure them both and we start driving toward my apartment building. 

I walk up to my apartment and unlock the door, I walk into the hallway and take my jacket off. Matthew helped me carrying the bags upstairs and then he and Lizzie left, because I promised him I would call if I needed anything. 

*Buzz buzz* 

My phone rings, it's Scarlett, weird. "Hello?" 

"Hey, just wanted to know if you were okay," 

"Yeah, I'm good, do you wanna go ice skating?" I ask her.

"Now?" 

"Sure, as friends of course though," I tell her making her laguh. 

"Uh, yeah, do you want me to pick you up? or shall we just meet at the ice rink?"

"We can meet there, see you in 15," I tell her and hang up. 

Cleaning my apartment and unpacking my bags will have to wait till later, I'm going ice skating, with my friend. 

-- 

I walk over to the bench to put my skates on and see her walking towards me with a pair in her hand. "I didn't think you actually wanted to come," I say as she sits down next to me. 

"I love ice skating," She states as I stand up on the skates and look down at her tying the laces to hers. "Help me up," She says and reaches her hand out for me, I grab it and pull her up, she tilts forward and were standing inches from each other, I can basically feel her breath on my skin making the hair on my neck stand up. "Sorry," 

"Don't apologize, it's okay. Let's just get out on the ice," I smile and we walk out onto the ice, I haven't skated in a while so it's gonna take a second to get used to. 

She wobbels around for some time and support herself against the wall slowly gliding next to it not removing her hand from the sides. I skate over to her and stop in front of her. "Grab my hands," I tell her and she looks at me scared. 

"No thanks, I'm good," Her voice is shaky, and her eyes are darting across the ice at all the people skating in here as well. 

"Scarlett, grab my hands," I insist and she does grab them, "Now look at me, and just stand still," I tell her and begin skating backwards making sure I keep eye contact with her at all times. 

"Y/n, I really don't think this is a good idea," She says and look at me. 

"Okay, okay listen, put your feet underneath your shoulders, and stand up straight, hold onto me hands and keep looking at me and just follow my lead," I guide her, it takes some convincing from my side to get her to actually move her feet so she stands right, but she eventually does. 

I begin gliding backwards again and a smile glides onto her face. It's first when her fingers begin to get cold and I can't feel my face anymore that I get us off the ice and back onto the bench. I untie my skates and help her with hers. 

We walk away from the ice rink and onto the streets of NYC into the Christmas market, "You want hot chocolate to warm up your fingers?" I ask her and she looks at me and nods, "Okay then," I smile and we walk to the nearest place that sells hot chocolate. 

"I'm gonna have to teach you to skate next winter," I say as we are standing in line waiting for our drinks. 

She nudges me in the shoulder and make an offended face, "I know how to skate," She states. 

I laugh "Okay, you wanna go back there and prove it?" I ask her, she quietly shakes her head and grab her cup from the man handing out the cups of warm liquid with whipped cream on top. 

"I've never experienced Christmas in New York up close," She says and sit down on a bench in front of the christmas tree. "It's beautiful," She says, and the light from the tree reflects in her eyes. 

I look at her, "Yeah, it is," I smile and take a drink from my cup. She looks at me and begin laughing. "What?" I laugh. 

"Here, sit still," She tells me and wipe something off my nose with her napkin, "Whipped cream," She says and show me the napkin before throwing it out. 

"Thank you for going with me today," 

"Of course, it's been fun," 

"What do you wanna do next?" I ask her and grab her hand pulling her off the bench. 

"Just, walk around and look at the holiday display and admire all the things I'm to broke to buy," She says. 

I salute her "Yes ma'am, to the holiday displays," I say and we walk towards the one closest to where we are right now. 

We walk down a street and she stops in front of a store without a warning so I almost slip and fall over. I look at the display she stopped at, baby clothes, weird, it must be that thing every grown woman gets where baby clothes is just the most adorable thing in the world. "I'm buying that when Lizzie and Matthew gets a baby," She says and points at one of the jackets in the window. 

"It's cute, I'm getting them something cool, I don't know what but it's gonna be cool," I say and look at a really big teddybear in the window next to this one, that's what I'm gonna get them. 

We spend the rest of the day walking around looking in windows and freezing, I have actually had fun today, which does surprise me a little, but then again. "Hey do you maybe as friends wanna go back to my apartment, and have dinner and maybe talk?" I ask her. 

She looks away from the item she is looking at and make eye contact with me, "Sure, we can do that, I just need to have a shower before we eat," She says, which also makes me a tiny bit happy. 

"Nice, I didn't drive here so we kinda have to walk, but it's only like 10 minutes which should be fine," I inform her and we begin walking towards my apartment building when it begins to snow. 

I step onto the street where there isn't any cars and look up at the sky and stick my tongue out to catch snowflakes which she laughs at before joining me. The people walking by looks at us weird but keep walking past in a hurry. I grab her hands and look at her, she looks at me and for just a split second the whole world goes quiet, and it feels like it's just us standing in the street. 

The silence ends when a snowflake land on her nose and she blinks to get it away, which obviously didtn really work, I wipe it off her nose and we walk out the street to get to my apartment. 

We walk into the elevator and exit it when we get to my floor, I unlock my door and we walk inside, I take off my coat as does she, "Well, this is my apartment," 

This is also short, but the next part will be out tmr don't worry, sorry for the mistakes I'm very busy at the moment srry, anyways. Love yall and a super big thanks for all the love on both this and my other story<3