15. Our Final Chapter

A/n: Just like what the title says 😔

Previously, on My Omega Mate...

Each of them sat down with Marcy and did their best to comfort her. Even Tritonio and Beatrix's pack. Marcy couldn't bear to lose Anne. She was her everything. The reason why Marcy is still here. Anne is the reason why Marcy smiles and laughs. The reason why she can finally be herself without feeling judged. Without Anne, her whole universe will crumble.

.
.
.
.
.

Anne's POV

Wind. The feeling of a warm breeze glided across my skin. My hair moved like waves you see in the ocean.  I was laying on top of a surface that felt delicate and smooth. It's weird, but my entire body feels light. Light as a feather. My eyes fluttered slowly as I was beginning to awaken. They were low but my vision was clear enough to see my surroundings.

I turned my head side to side to see that I'm at a field of flowers of all varieties. From roses and daisies, to tulips and orchids. It was a beautiful sight to see. I used my arms and hands to lift myself up in a seating position. I checked around to find clues as to figure out where I am really at. There weren't any signs, roads, or pathways that could lead me to a building.

I hauled myself to my feet and tried my best not to trample on the pretty plants while continuing my search. I noticed that the sky was a darker blue with stars shining, however there isn't any moon lighting above. Maybe this could be a dream I'm in? But why am I alone? Where's Marcy and the others? I pushed my questions at the back of my head when I heard laughter.

It was coming from above the small hill that was in front of me. I sighed in relief to know that there could be someone to help me understand where I'm at. I started running up the hill, accidentally stepping on the flowers. Amazingly, they immediately stood up as if I didn't stomp on them. Those plants must have some type of magical powers or something.

It didn't matter to me at that moment because I finally reached the top of the hills. The smile on my face disappeared for a split second when I saw who was laughing. Not only that, but there was someone else and a huge wolf with wings. The wolf wasn't familiar but the other two people were. It was my parents.

All three of them felt my presence because they whirled around to get a glimpse of me. This really feels like a dream. My own parents are right there, alive and healthy. I felt a lump develop in my throat. Warm, salty tears were starting to stream down my face. Sobs were escaping out of my mouth, but that didn't stop me from grinning ear to ear to my parents.

"M-Mom. D-Dad. You're okay!" I exclaimed in happiness as I sprinted towards my parents.

"Anne!" My parents harmonized together before stretching their arms. They were smiling as big as I was. I sped and crashed into their arms, feeling the warmth and security in their hugs. This was another dream I always wanted. To be reunited with my parents one more time.

"Hey sweetie. It's so good to see you again. We've been waiting for you," my mother said.

"We missed you so much kiddo. We're glad you're here with us," my father hugged me closer.

"I missed you guys too. You have no idea heh," I slightly pulled back to wipe my tears as I chuckled softly.

"I can't believe it. You've grown to be a strong, fierce person just like your father and I. My baby is all grown up," my mom placed her hand on my cheek and rubbed it with her thumb lovingly. I leaned into it and put my hand over hers.

"I have grown a lot. From what I'm hearing, you two really have been watching over me."

"Of course we have Anne. Whenever you came to visit us in our graves, your mom and I would sit down with you and listen to your good and bad days. We did our best to respond in a way you know that it's us. What hurt us the most was leaving you. Everyday we resented ourselves for not thinking about what would happen to you if you didn't have us physically there anymore. We're so sorry Anne."