004 ➜ SEIRRA

THE MAN WALKED TOWARDS US, his large steps almost oozed out authority. In his hand laid a black circle with a gray inner circle, I did not know what it could be but I had an idea that it meant work.

His demeanour and loud steps must've caught my sisters attention as they all had stopped and started to stare holes in the man like what I was doing.

Blue shuffled towards me, "do you know who he is," she asked, her eyes not leaving the man.

I shake my head a little, "nope, not at all. But I believe that he is going to be our Alpha," I stated and Blue did not respond.

"A human being our Alpha?" Echo laughed, she was on the other side of the room with Delta, "you're crazy Sierra, he's definitely not stronger than any of us," I noticed how her speech had improved since I had first met my sisters, it had been around five weeks though, "I'd rather have you as my Alpha than him," Echo exclaimed angrily,

"You must really hate him then," Delta giggled out nudging Echo who in return playfully nipped her.

"You're right but the weapons that humans hold are stronger than us," I stepped back as the man stepped forward. I did not know if the man had anything dangerous on him and I did not want to find out.

He kneeled in front of Blue and she stared into his eyes, "we could bite his face off right now," Echo growled to Blue but she did not respond. Blue continued to stare into his soul. I had heard Delta say something like 'that would get us killed stupid,'

I shuffled closer to Blue's side, my head just below her shoulder. I, unfortunately was smaller than the pack so to make up for it I had trained harder to be faster than them and for the most part, it worked.

"My names Owen, Owen Grady. You're... blue?" He introduced himself, he looked at me, "Hm, You must be Sierra, I've heard a lot about you," he has? I wonder if it was good.

"Hey! What about us?!" Charlie whined catching Owens attention, he paused, "you're Charlie?" He asked. It was understandable, Blue and I had unique markings compared to my other sisters.

"I still am up for ripping his face apart," Echo proclaimed in a growl while standing up. Owen shot his head in her direction, "Hey! Echo, cut it out," He warned.

Echo growled again, "stand down Echo," I faced her and puffed my chest out, "he's going to be our Alpha if you like it or not and you should at least treat him like one,"

"he's not my Alpha," She huffed walking towards him.

Blue faced her now, "well he's mine, so back off," those words were all it took for Echo to step down and accept him. Blue was our leader after all.

Owen faced me and Blue again with a softer gaze on his face, "thank you," He smiled.

* * * *

TIME HAD PASSED QUICKLY and Owen had officially called us 'his Raptors' a name I wasn't too against. It felt nice to have a family, our human alpha and his five Raptors. It didn't take long for my sisters to call him dad instinctively. I, however never took an interest in calling him that. It might've been because of the old woman I saw, I remember Danny saying something about Raptors 'Imprinting' on the first person who acts like their parent.

We were moved at one point since our bodies grew too large to stay indoors. Unfortunately, I had stayed the runt of the litter and was a fair bit shorter than them, I was quicker though. And smarter. And stronger.

My tail also stayed longer than my sisters and I found out I had a lot more balance than them, I also quickly found out that my tail is awfully good at swiping animals off their feet. Especially animals called Echo.